“Rainy cold Jan evening @ Giogo :(”

Pizzeria Tavola Calda Il Giogo
Ranked #85 of 117 Restaurants in Lerici
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2015

I ate at Pizzeria Giogo recently.
It was a rainy cold January evening.
From the street, it looked really cozy inside.

But when I got inside, it was quite cold - no heat!
I decide to stick it out...perhaps the delicious food would compensate.

The cook was my server, and considering there were 3 other tables of people, the wait was a bit long. Then he forgot the water I ordered, then the pizza was un-ceremoniously dropped on my table

The pizza was average at best
At the end of my meal, I could see the cook wanted to leave, as he had his jacket on.....8:30pm in Lerici - not late by Italian standards,....but I was the only one left.

Reading other reviews, I can imagine in the summer when their regular staff is present, this restaurant could be really good....

Reviewed 1 October 2014

This little place is away from the busy areas of Lerici and that works in its favour. It really is quite good, too. Good food, with plenty of non-seafood options (rare in this region), good value (also rare for this touristy area), and good service. Nothing fancy, but it does the job well.

(AKA "Il Giogo di Landucci Renato" and, in Google Maps, simply "Pizzeria Giogio".)

Tip: bring your Italian with you - no foreign-language menus available ... a reliable indicator of a genuine local, so that's actually a good thing.

1  Thank WH0A
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Again we visited this restaurant whilst back in Lerici, as usual the food is great, fresh and delicious. The seafood dishes are tasty - I enjoyed the Penne Scampi which was like everything I have eaten here fantastic. The friendly relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant only adds to a great evening. Definitely try it if you are in Lerici, only a hop from the main piazza and the added bonus on top was the bill - so cheap!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We have been going to this pizzeria for many years now, we recently visited it again in May 2013, it was fantastic as always. The stuffed mussels were really great as was the pizza. The service was great as well. The owner is always so friendly. You really should try it when in Lerici.

1  Thank va7runner
Reviewed 18 March 2012

the pizzas are great, some of them only costs 5/6eur. the restaurant was noisy with 5 kids running through the tables. apartof that, i really like the price and the pizza. recommend it.

1  Thank nunoaac