“Great place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Highly recommended. The food was great and the environment (and service) genuine, authentic and very welcoming. We will surely visit again.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

What an amazing restaurant. The menu was only in Italian however the owner was extremely helpful and polite and explained all the dishes in English. The food was delicious, service was brilliant and the bill was less than we were expecting to pay. We would eat here again and this is definitely on our list to visit again.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

We were on a short break in Venice with friends and, as per other comments, Corte Legenzi was recommended to us by the receptionist in the hotel. She described how to get there and even marked it on the tourist map provided by the hotel.....however we still failed to find it first pass round. Wen we did find it though it had a real buzz and was a small but really chic place. Down stairs was a little crowded and the music was a little loud to sit and chat but we were then taken upstairs where we were met with a simply charming rustic beamed restaurant area. It was apparently an old barn that had been restored beautifully.

The menu was comprehensive but not in English however, the owner took five minutes out in a very busy period of service, to go through every dish and explain what each were. I had a chicken curry dish which was really good (even though it needed more sauce) and others had burgers...........but what burgers they were as the quality was excellent. The French fries were also very good !! They also served Leffe Blonde lager :-)

The area of Venice where the restaurant was located (Moestre) is also very nice with excellent quality shops in beautul streets that felt like you were in another country after recently arriving from Rome where you couldn't move for people and crazy drivers.

Probably the best meal during our Italy break and a wonderful change from Pizza and Lasagne.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

We came upon a suggestion from our receptionist in the hotel. Had hard time to find it, it is kind of hidden in a small street. Looks like a neighborhood bar where you can stay for hours and everyone knows everybody, like homish atmosphere. And it really feels like that. It is a pleasant place to have a drink or have a light dinner. The staff is nice and positive, although half of them don't speak English, they will do everything to accommodate you. I haven't seen cocktails being served here, it is a wine bar, but everything else you can find, except red bull :). It is not pricey, or doesn't look like it. The first time we went, we came from Basel, where a round for 6 costs more than 100 EUR, we got 30 Euro bill, which seemed normal.
I would recommend it for quiet night out.

Reviewed 28 September 2014

My husband and I happened upon this wine bar during a down pour, and all i can say is I'm glad it was raining. The inside was relaxing and comfortable. The waitress recommended a white wine which was absolutely delicious with a slight smoky taste and she explained they obtained their wine from small wineries so they are often a little different. She then went through the menu which was quite small but based on both local and in season ingredients. I choose the carbonara and she explained it was slightly different to the normal as it was made using pumpkin. My husband chose veal cheek. A waiter arrived with a starter for us to try which we hadn't ordered but he said was free of charge just for us to try. It was a brusheta with an olive tapenade. I have to say this was delicious and I thought a very nice touch. Our main meals were even better, my sauce on the pasta was so nice I wish i could have licked the bowl! and my husbands veal just fell apart. The entire meal was fabulous and well worth a visit. Both the staff and food were outstanding, a must visit in my opinion. Mr and Mrs Ryan

1  Thank GMRyan2014