“amazing trattoria”

Trattoria Da Nicola
Reserve with
Trattoria Da Nicola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Balti
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We looked for a good place to eat in order to escape our Hotel which offers food wich has nothing to do with real Italian cuisine.
The restaurant is very nice, kind of big but still cozy. very warm reception, and a really excellent serive. All staff were really friendly and always there when needed.
The food is very authentic, freshly cooked. We had a fish (cooked entirly) and grilled veal whichnwas one of the best grilled meat I ever had in Italy.
Everything was great., starting with a welcome Prosecco they offer, then we had a small amuse-bouche offered by the kitchen, and they have amazing home-made deserts. Try their Zucchotto which was the best I had so far

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I came here the second night of visit in this small tiny town. I was not expecting anything special, I picked the restaurant based on the location: not too far since I don't have a car. Well, dinner was outstanding. I had fish which I found out to be their specialty. I loved it. The second pleasant surprise was the bill. So much cheaper than expected.
Ps I am going back there tonight!!

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by our B&B and what a treat it was, it took some finding, but I get the feeling nothing in the area is easy to find! Although we generally rely on the locals speaking English as we struggle with Italian at the best of times, nobody spoke English but the owner/waiter was a gem, with our little common language we managed to order a wonderful meal and throughout he was very tentative, almost second guessing what we needed. Fantastic quality, beautiful flavours and very reasonable, the cover charge seemed expensive until we realised what was included

We were there on a Wednesday night and the trattoria was very busy with the locals, what more do you say. We noticed many were not even opening the menu to order and what was brought to the tables looked delicious, the meat, pasta and fish dishes

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Hidden, and a secret mostly to the locals, the owners (a couple) are always on the floor working while grandma collects the money. People come here as they know the food will be perfect and they are treated with respect, not just a happy smile. I am one of the few Americans who know da Nicola and I can tell you that they make a joke of most Italian restaurants in the states. I always bring my guests here! Great Wine from the hills nearby.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The food was fresh and spectacular, from the fresh artichoke and walnut salad, the risotto with white asparagus and through to the tender and tasty very rare beef.
Service was excellent and efficient, and it cost no more than a couple of average pizzas downtown.
Worth the very short drive out of town. The farmhouse atmosphere added to the enjoyment.