Etruria Resort & Natural Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa Poggiano(Montepulciano)
US$259
Hotel I Due Cigni(Sant'Albino)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hotel Panoramic(Montepulciano)(Great Value!)
US$72
Albergo Il Rondo(Montepulciano)
US$141
US$138
Orbitz.com
La Terrazza di Montepulciano(Montepulciano)(Great Value!)
US$105
Villa Cicolina(Montepulciano)
US$385
US$271
La Frateria di San Benedetto(Montepulciano)(Great Value!)
US$115
Borgo Tre Rose(Montepulciano)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$77
  • Pool
Camere Bellavista(Montepulciano)(Great Value!)
US$97
Albergo Duomo(Montepulciano)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoutdoor poolmassage therapisthotel restaurantrooms are largebottle of winetuscanymosquitoeshillwines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice Hotel and Spa, just few hundred meters from the main center of town. Overall the staff are friendly and helpful. Nice big rooms and big bathrooms, showers are not made for the bigger people of this world.... My big bug bear why is there no shelfs in the bathrooms?

The pool area is great with lots of sun beds except the official opening ours are very short opens at 10.00 and closes at 18.00 but now one seems to check who is using the pool.

The SPA is excellent staff really friendly and helpful we both enjoyed some massages and the inside pool etc.

Had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant..... same room for the breakfast! Fairly glum room ok for breakfast but not for a nice evening meal, there is a big covered terrace that is not used.
The meal that we ordered the first evening was good and fresh, we only eat there the first night then found other places to go.

Breakfast had a big selection of things which were good, it's a pity there was no fresh fruit juice only industrial juices full of sugar..

Nice Hotel but expensive for the what is offered, will return to the region as we loved it, there is better for the same price or less.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

1) On the night of our arrival the receptionist a young man who was very polite and helpful. The next two days there were two women at the reception who were vey rude and reluctant to give us any information. The one time I asked if they could give us some help in suggesting a restaurant or if they knew a restaurant I googled and the answer I received was " I don't know I don't live here the only restaurant we recommend is bla bla" and she only gave me one option with a rather bad tone. Then when I asked to check out they were again very rude. Very bad vibes for a reception.
2) the breakfast area was very dark and small and with only two windows covered with curtains. There was no view at all and no light. The breakfast quality and variety was also very poor and instead of refilling the empty platters they for example put 5 croissant to accommodate 50 people. I also tried to eat the eggs which I don't really know what I ate. I think it was supposed to be an omelet but it was awful. It was cold and very compact.
3) The worst I is that when I called the hotel for some clarifications on the room because it was an annex room they told me that inside the hotel premises they had an additional building next to the main building where the room I reserved was supposed to be. The truth was that you had to take your car exit the hotel cross the road and enter another estate in which these rooms were located. I suppose this estate is and expansion made by the hotel because it was newly constructed but it is no way a walking distance from the main building where all facilities are. They gave me no accurate location and I believe that they do this on purpose in order to attract more customers. Fully disappointed with this hotel. It is nothing like the photos. In the photos they present the hotel as if it is one big estate. It sure doesn't worth its money 187€ daily rate.
4) the bathroom was OK but the shower was very narrow because it had a seat inside and you couldnt fit inside well.
5) The WiFi wasn't working even at the main building

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank CalliopeMaria
EtruriaResortSpa, Direttore at Etruria Resort & Natural Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Guest,
We are sorry that your experience at Etruria Resort did not satisfy you.
We respect your comment but we would like to point out that:

- 98% of the restaurants in Montepulciano are in the historic center (you can not get inside the walls with the car), so those living in the area prefer to go to restaurants in neighboring countries, in fact in the low season, many restaurants are closed. We usually prefer to suggest only restaurants that other guests tell us to be fine, so if we are asked if you are eating well in a particular restaurant, found navigating on google that we do not know, we do not think it advisable to recommend it, but in any case the guest You can really try the kitchen of the restaurant you prefer, we do not know where the rudeness is

- our restaurant is equipped with 2 very large external doors, 1 smaller external door and 1 window, certainly not bright, but we recall that our structure is a historic residence of the 1800s. As for breakfast, upon arrival in the facility, the opening hours are announced, of course if the closing time is 10:00 and guests go to the restaurant room at that hour, we believe it is normal to find only 5 Croissants, as you say

- When booking, made on Booking.com, if you clicked on the room type you chose, before booking, you could read that the room was located 250 meters from the main building (where you will find Reception, Restaurant , Spa and Bar). we do not this on purpose in order to attract more guests, as you said, because it's all unambiguously explained, only that it is easier to say that it is the structure to omit information, rather than admit to be attracted by the price of course lower and not deepen (by reading Written information clearly) before booking. On the phone we are very clear in saying that the Classic Dependance room is about 300 meters away, free to walk on foot (some guests do it) or to go by car.

Best regards
The Direction

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Let me start saying that this property could be a 5 stars place with just few fixes!
But the current status makes his value for money one of the worst I have ever experienced!

If you pay 300 euros per room per night, only with bed & breakfast accommodation, you expect the place to be super nice, tidy and with an amazing service....instead what we found was a pretty sad situation with dry flowers, abandoned gardens, deteriorated sitting areas (see pics)...

Additionally, the staff was not really friendly...and overall under skilled/ under staffed!
We had only breakfast there (twice) and in both occasions the waiters didn't manage to keep the place clean and you could easily see the disappointment of the other customers in the room due to the fact that the tables were a mess and the waiters were not able to bring coffee or clean cutlery in a promptly manner...
Food was gone before the time it should (by 9.30am no more eggs...once some customers asked for it, the waiter said that they stop cooking 30min before the closing time...).

I think the common cause of all points above is the fact that the owners want to maximize their profits, reducing costs badly and getting away with the fact that the overall infrastructure has great potential (e.g. SPA area is still really good)..
still, if they will keep disappointing a large number of customers, the hotel branding and overall raking will be gone very soon!!

Unless you find an amazing offer somewhere on internet, for such full price, look for something else in the area and eventually come by only for the SPA!!

Very disappointing!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alessio S
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We have paid huge price for a dark, humid and cold room. The mattress was in bad condition and the springs were sinking. Breakfast was poor. When we complained in the front desk about room and mattress they simply didn't care at all.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank Eva B
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

An unexpected experience.
Wonderful Resort, everything well organised, super efficient and professional staff.I've been living in Tuscany for more than 15 yrs and I'm honestly impressed. I would have never tough we might have such an international resort in that area.
The spa and the masseuses are incredibly good.
Worth more than a try!