All reviews homemade yogurt tuscan countryside the owner owner's family deluxe suite swimming pool is our favorite place peaceful place minute drive dinner reservations our recent stay cooking class living room wine country restaurant recommendations bagno vignoni vino nobile di montepulciano
Reviewed 21 November 2017

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. This is an outstanding boutique hotel. We had a standard room (they have 3 of these and 10 suites) but it was quite luxurious and private, opening onto a patio with an unobstructed view of the Tuscan countryside. The terrace is a perfect spot to drink some wine and watch the sun set over the Tuscan hills. The location is 2K outside of Montepulciano and is an easy drive to the parking lots surrounding the old city. We hired a driver to take us into the old city for dinner each night, which is smart idea because the taxi's can drive into the old city and drop you off at your restaurant (saving a long walk up into the city and back down after dinner). We also didn't want to have to drive back in the dark after enjoying a bottle of wine with dinner. The breakfast spread was among the best we have ever enjoyed. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BigGreen69
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

dear BigGreen69,
what a faboulos review, authentic, clear with a lot of information for upcoming new guestes
Thank you very much to have choosen our boutique hotel and thank you to share your experiece in this big community
it will be a pleasure to guest you again
Sincerely
Stefania

Reviewed 29 October 2017

The grounds of this family owned estate are lovely and the views of the countryside are simply magnificent. We loved sitting outside with a bottle of regional wine, and watching the sunset. We even decided to stay in one night, and had a picnic dinner with fresh meats, cheeses and wine we bought in town during the day,
The breakfast room is charming, and the buffet was bountiful and delicous, and includes homemade yogurt, eggs to order, and some homemade pastries. Lucia (I think that’s her name, if not forgive me) in the breakfast room is so nice, and her cooking is wonderful.
While the grounds are beautiful, and the room was spacious, it is not perfect. We booked a deluxe suite facing the countryside, but had to move into the villa bc of bugs - similar to the box elder beetles we see on the east coast, While Stefania accommodated us by moving our room, we were taken aback by Andreas’ comment that it’s a trade-off for the view. His attitude was quite a turn off - no Andreas, bugs are never ok. The second room we were given was spacious, although the setup was kind of quirky, with no sink in the toilet room - we needed to use the bidet as a sink. Since we didn’t use it for its intended purpose, it sufficed, but grossed me out anyway,
We took a private cooking class which was so much fun. Stefania checked in us throughout to ensure all was going well.
Overall, some hiccups but a nice stay,

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan W
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

dear Susan
thank you to have been at the villa a couple of weeks ago and for you review
I apologize if you could not stay in the suite you originally booked,.
i can garantee that the room was occupied until the day of your arrival and so cleaned the same moring and there weren't bugs, but it has been a super hot october ( as the rest of the 2017), and those little ( no dangerous bugs) were near the windows looking at the warm of the sun.
I ask my excuse in name of Andrea, who help me a the reception, for sure he didn't wanted to be unpolite .
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Lovely grand villa close to Montipulciano. Great Tuscan views, pretty gardens and a historic swimming pool.
Stephania was a great host. Our room was very spacious and pleasant.
The villa could do with some additional services such as drinks and canapés and is possibly understaffed. The villa is really good value, however, I would have preferred to pay more for these additional services.
The location really worked well for us to explore not just magnificent Montipulciano but the other nearby towns that are incredible, like Pienza, Monticchiello, Montalcino and Montefollonico. Stephania’s restaurant recommendation was fantastic.
I would have no hesitation of recommending the villa.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Regina N
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

dear Regina
it has been a pleasure to have you at the villa and thank you for such a lovey review and for your inputs
Hope to see you again

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Villa Poggiano was the highlight of my trip to Tuscany.

We were created at check in by Andrea and another guest, who was raving about the experiences that Andrea had recommended. He was so genuine and knowledgeable I quickly put aside all of my plans and asked him to take charge of our wine tasting and dinner reservations.

Based on his recommendations, we had 3 fantastic wine tastings (and tour of wineries) all of which offered completely different experiences. They were fantastic...interesting, private, and unique. His recommendations for 3 dinners were also spot on. Different types of restaurants, but all top notch.

The "villa" is more like an estate. The grounds are spectacular and our room had a perfect view of the tuscan countryside. The room itself was luxurious.

If it was possible to give this property 10 stars out of 5, I would. I've travelled a lot, and this by far, was one of the best experiences ever.

You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betsy B
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

dear Betsy
thank you very much to have been at the villa and for this fantastic and enthusiastic review
Andrea his very pleased that his raccomandations satisfy all your expectation and make memorable your trips
kind regards

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The Villa is beautiful with lovely views and good parking. Stefania and her staff were very helpful arranging wine tastings, restaurant recommendations,etc. We stayed in a suite in the original building which was spacious and very convenient. It was a lovely stay but I can't give it a 5 rating because for the price point it lacked the finishes we would have expected. The water pressure in the shower was poor and barely warm. A bottle of water was an extra cost, poor selection of liquor for purchase in the living room. Bed linens and bath towels were only ok. Breakfast was nice but the only cut fruit for 4 nights was cantelope.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ConnieLongBeach
Owner-Hotelmanager, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Connie Long beach,
thank you very much to have been at the villa and thank you to share your experience,
all our customer comment are very important to us and help us to grow.
the only regret i have ,if you could let me know about the water pressure, we could check with our plumber, maybe was a problem in your shower because I had not complain from other guest.
for the other point i will keep in mind and try to do better and try to take 5 rating from your next visit m, i wish,