“Quality and cozyness at low price”
Review of La Casa di Edel

La Casa di Edel
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice selection of cold cuts and size of serving. 22 euros for two people (with drinks) and a example of a budget selection amongst so many expensive options. Good option in Montepulciano.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We didn't want a huge dinner and needed something quick to eat; this place offered the perfect solution. We also had two younger folk with us who were wanting food that was a bit more familiar and they enjoyed their burgers immensely. My vegetarian focaccia sandwich was served tepid and tasted alright, but not fantastic. The fries were tasty. Our waiter (who I imagine is the owner) was attentive and patient with us as we tried to explain what we wanted. The price was right!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy or memorable but an ideal place for a cheaper lunch in a convenient spot. I had the classic burger which was pleasingly decent and juicy and my wife had a piadina that was cheap, tasty and filling. I had the chicken salad the next day - getting hold of chicken in Tuscany is pretty unusual so it made a nice change!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stopped here for lunch at this family owned cafe and were promptly seated just by the doorway. From the outside, the cafe looks small but has more sitting space inside with an open kitchen where you can watch the staff prepare the food.

I ordered a Chianina beef hamburger with a classic topping of tomato and lettuce. The meat was juicy, moist and tasty. My husband enjoyed his fresh salad of lettuce, red pepper, celery and generous helping of pecorino cheese which he drizzled with the syrupy balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Service was prompt and the owner was welcoming. After the meal, I complimented him on the food. Lunch for two including sparkling water came to only 15 euros with no cover charge.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Great location to grab a quick bite and relax on the way back down the hill of Montepulciano. We both had freshly made panini and focacce, very tasty and filling. Coming from Pienza, we wanted to sample their pecorino they had behind the counter. They gave us a very large slice and refused to take any money for it. great customer service, even if the language barrier was high between English and Italian. Wonderful place.