“Couldn’t even get past the first few bites”

Ristorante La Grande Cina
Ranked #13 of 226 Restaurants in Pordenone
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Today was the second time we tried this place. The first time my husband brought home some fried rice. It was rubbery and tasted old. I thought eating in the restaurant might be better so we tried again and the rice was still bad and very salty. The fried wontons were a horrible thick pastry filled with some sort of grey mush that we couldn’t tell what it was. The sweet and sour chicken was mushy and flavorless. Sweet and sour sauce was weird and seemed like it was just thickened by a bunch of corn starch. The beef and broccoli had beef that was mushy and tasted like fish. We ate a few bites and left the entire meal to go somewhere else. I was hoping to love this place since I can walk to it from my house but I won’t be giving them a third chance.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was visiting from out of town and went with some friends who live in the area. They enjoy this place and I did too as the service was excellent. We had some small children who didn't behave as well as we would have liked yet the staff dealt with it professionally and made us feel at ease. So its very relaxed, family atmosphere that perfect for casual meals with friends and/or family. I must say I'm maybe a little picky since I've lived and travelled in Asia, so I was somewhat disappointed in the blandness of some of the dishes. Some were excellent like the steamed shrimp dumplings and a spicy duck. However the beef in oyster sauce was lacking in flavour. However, the quality of the ingredients and the portion sizes were good. I noticed many of the locals were eating variations of noodles (not surprising in Italy), so maybe that the best dishes.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Before sushi wok was introduced me and my friends loves to eat in this chinese restaurant....the staff are friendly,parking lot is enough for the costumers...not hard to find its on the main road...

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We go there for special occasions or to take away. As a local I must say it's the best Chinese restaurant of the area.

1  Thank palenoi
Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Food was OK. Restaurant was packed so I think that accounted for the loss of quality in our entrées. Sat us at a tiny table at the kitchen entrance and smack dab in the middle of the bar lineup. Felt like we were a burden in everyone's way. Xi Yang in Maniago and Yu Fen in Aviano are better options.