See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Casa Celeste is a place you will feel at home! I go back every time I'm in Positano. Celeste is a gem and Marco is very helpful and knowledgable about things to do on the Amalfi Coast. Very good people.. I miss them and I hope to return soon. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Over the last 14 years we have been privileged to travel to Italy on a regular basis and we never miss the opportunity to visit this home from home. Mama Celeste welcomes us like family and indeed we feel that we belong. The guesthouse is comfortable with a breathtaking view of Positano and the sea. Room number one is always our favourite and to sit on the little balcony at sunset and see all the lights coming on and the early evening sounds of the restaurants in the street below, is one of my best memories. A walk down the 400 steps to the beach is rewarded by the warm welcome at Bar da Ferdinando overseen by Marco and Guido and other family members. Delicious lunch is served here and it is a place to truly relax and forget that at the end of the holiday the real world awaits, if only to work, save and come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms one and two have own balcony as well as room three that is inter leading and sleeps four.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jacquie W
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My wife and I just had a good 8 days in Positano staying at Casa Celeste. We had the double-bedded room No.1 which had a different view over Positano than from our previous hotel, the Marie Antonietta.

Celeste and her husband Ferdinando are a charming couple and it was lovely taking our prima di colazione in the plant-filled breakfast room overlooking Positano.

We are not one for complaining but we feel we must mention that the mattress in Room 1 was very hard and quite uncomfortable (otherwise a 5* rating).

The 442 steps (count 'em!) from Casa Celeste down to Bar Bagni Da Ferdinando on Fornillo Beach is quite daunting but if you don't feel like tackling them after a hard day's sunbathing then you can always walk into Positano and take the bus (€1.20) which will drop you off at the grotto next to Casa Celeste.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Four of us stayed at Casa Celeste, my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. When we arrived my daughter was sick and Mama Celeste was wonderful, making her tea and looking after her. The next morning we went to pick up our rental car and it had a flat tire in a very awkward parking spot. Marco spent his morning trying to find someone to fix the tire on site and finally ended up changing it himself. Every recommendation of Marco's was spot on, from going to Ravello (don't miss) first and stopping in Amalfi on the way back to avoid the cruise ship crowd and Da Vincenze for the best seafood in town. The owner is related to the family and by your second visit you'll be family too. The mornings on the deck with Mama Celeste's home made jam were wonderful, as were the afternoons with her liqueur. Do not miss her Ricolla (?) made with arugula. I'd love to know how she makes it.... Like anyplace else Positano takes a day or so to adjust to, the hills, the culture, the 450 steps down to the beach bar, but once you do you'll love it. You'll go back and you'll stay with Mama Celeste and Marco again. One issue - the internet is spotty at best from the room. Works fine from the deck but if you're like me and must communicate before you go to sleep at night it's a bit problematic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RobinMiddleton
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We absolutely loved our stay in Positano and the hospitality provided by Celeste and her family contributed greatly that enjoyment. Their warmth and generosity each morning on the terrace, or each evening as we returned, truly made us feel welcome. The view from our balcony was mesmerizing. Positano is a magical place; I would love to return some day!
Natalie