“Our Dream Wedding!”
Review of Villa Oliviero

and 1 more site!
Villa Oliviero
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I am not sure where to begin with my review for my husband I's experience with Villa Oliviero because it is hard to find the right words for the most perfect wedding experience imaginable.

We had a small wedding celebration with our closest friends who stayed at the villa with us.

I am so very grateful to the entire staff at Villa Oliviero who helped make the experience perfect, fun, beautiful, relaxing, and nothing short of magical! From the very beginning working with Nello, Alice and Debora to Gennaro and the entire staff at the Villa who were so very helpful and kind.

The Villa is huge and has the best views of Positano. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, the food served is fantastic! Everything is kept very clean. The staff is helpful, friendly, and unobtrusive.

Gennaro is the manager and he was the absolute best! It wouldn't have been the same without his help and recommendations. He even helped me (very last minute) find an amazing hair stylist come to the villa to help me with my hair. I thought I could do it myself but I was mistaken! He made a call to a salon and the girl who came, Roberta, did a fantastic job, my hair has never looked so good. He knows everyone in town, all the best restaurants, and all the inside information you could need for Positano. He is very easy going, patient, and kind. He let us schedule everything however we wanted, but also had the best suggestions, so I didn't have to think about any decision all that much. Definitely do the pizza party! The pizza was the best we had in Italy, and they serve an enormous amount.

I knew our wedding and our stay would be amazing, but I didn't realize just how great it would all be. I couldn't even imagine an experience so great!

You can not go wrong with choosing Villa Oliviero. You will have the time of your life.

Room Tip: Li Galli! Beautiful, secluded, private patio with outdoor shower, great bathroom, comfortable bed ov...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kszapka

Reviewed 22 September 2016

We just returned from a week at Villa Oliviero which was also the setting for our daughter's wedding reception. Members of both families and the bride and groom occupied all 6 suites, and we had few days of respite before the wedding festivities. With breakfast on the terrace which was spectacular. Alaina prepared breakfast to order as well as two evening meals for us which were wonderful.
Our daughter and son-in-law chose Villa Oliviero the previous May with the help of a wedding planner, Federica Necimben. Gennaro, the manager, of the villa was extremely helpful with day-to-day details such as transportation, excursions and even helping us to visit a restaurant in Montepetruso for dinner.
The day of the wedding with 70 guests attending, the villa was transformed into the most beautiful elegant setting. The actual ceremony was at the church in the center of Positano. Cocktails, raw bar, appetizers and dinner and were on the top veranda.The pace of the 3 course dinner was perfect, food was hot and delicious. Cake, fruit and dancing were on the lower terrace.
As we were dancing away, the entire upper terrace was completely cleaned up, so when all our guests came upstairs to leave, everything was put away and cleared up.
Amazing!
The following day, we had a pizza party for our wedding guests poolside. (There's a pizza oven poolside on the lower level.) We had one more night before we had to leave and we found out as soon as we left another party was coming in for a pizza party that night and a wedding the following day. Nello, the owner, certainly has the service, and setup down to a science.
Several guest said it was the best wedding they had ever attended and we have to agree. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: All the rooms have spectacular views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NadineG222
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We just returned from a week at the Villa Oliviero. What an amazing home! We rented all 6 of their rooms for a group of 12 to celebrate my big 5-0 birthday. I booked through a website called Villas of Distinction 18 months in advance. I hoped and prayed that the the villa would not disappoint, and it certainly did not. We had an amazing time, loved that the home is on 3 or 4 levels. We traveled with 18-70 year olds and everyone had the trip of a lifetime. The pool is wonderful, but cold, even in July. The staff is absolutely wonderful from Genardo, our concierge, to Alaina the cook/housekeeper and the owner, Antonio and his son, Nello. Genardo is a great asset to any visitors coming in - he helped us from making dinner reservations at a restaurant we had not been able to connect with to instructing us on the best place to "order in" on our last night so we could just enjoy the view, to recommending a great fish/meat market off the beaten path to setting us up with a visit to a limoncello factory in nearby Priano.

If I had any criticisms of the place, they would be that the Villa is hard to get to and the beds are extremely hard. It is some 180+ steps above the nearest drop off point, way more than that from the center of town. This was difficult for my father who has a bad hip. My advice is take it slow on the stairs and plan a single out/in for the day so you don't have to make the trek more than once a day. The benefit, however, to being high above the city is that the views are stunning and the terraces are quiet, making for a great relaxing trip.

As for the beds, they were hard-as-a-rock. However, that seems to be pretty par for Europe in general. If there is one thing that this place could benefit from, it would be softer, more inviting beds.

The rooms were all lovely, with the exception of the beds, and the views stunning.

We booked in advance to have an arrival meal prepared in the home for our group and it was AMAZING! They have an extensive menu to choose from and we chose well - it was the perfect start to our week in Positano.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We stayed at the villa with 12 family members for 4 nights at the end of May and had an small wedding at the villa on May 26. The staff was incredible from the moment we arrived. Gennaro and Vincenzo, who work at the villa, met us on the main road and helped us carry our luggage up the many stairs to the villa, they had water waiting for us and Gennaro took us on a tour of the villa, showing us all the rooms and terraces. Our first night we had a welcome pizza party using their pizza oven on the lowest terrace by the pool. The chef made tons of pizzas, tons of fresh toppings, it was so fun and a great way to start our trip! Every morning the breakfast table was set and ready for us. Gennaro was always there in the morning offering recommendations on things to do and places to eat before we headed out for the day. The day of the wedding couldn't have gone any smoother. I had been planning with Alice, the owner, for the year leading up the wedding and everything went better than I could have imagined. Gennaro and Vincenzo helped to make sure everything was perfect, from the table layout, where the flowers should be set up, to making sure we had lunch and drinks while the bride was getting ready. After the ceremony we had a raw bar and cocktail hour on the red terrace, then dinner in the garden, then cake and dancing on the white terrace. It was great to use all the beautiful terraces and the dinner was fantastic! Villa Oliviero is an amazing venue, whether just staying for vacation or for your wedding. The rooms are beautiful, each unique, and the views of the town are breathtaking. Our time in Positano and wedding was unforgettable, and it was truly because of charm of the villa and the staff who made it so special.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Chloe P
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Having viewed Villa Oliviero online as a possible destination for our wedding my husband and I made a trip back in April 2015 to meet with Nello Oliviero who runs the villa alongside his sister Alice. After being dropped off by our taxi on the side of a busy road we did wonder whether the taxi driver had made a mistake. However we were greeted by the fabulous Gennaro and taken on a slow walk up the many steps to the Villa. When the door to the villa was opened for us it was simply breathtaking. Tears came to my eyes, Villa Oliviero evokes quite powerful feelings and the pictures don't prepare you for its real beauty. After two nights of wonderful hospitality we decided to book our wedding for the following year.
After a year of organising with Nello and Alice we returned in May where we took the villa in its entirety for 4 nights. We were greeted by Gennaro and his team who looked after us admirably, nothing is too much and everything is always done with a smile.
Our wedding took place on the 29th May and it was magical. All of our guests were blown away by the setting and in particular the food which was first rate. We had outside caterers for the wedding day organised by the Villa but the in-house Chef Helena is amazing too! Many of our guests commented that it was the best food they had ever tasted. The following day we held a pizza party which again was brilliant.
It should be noted that I myself am an events organiser which can be difficult to hand over the reigns to someone else, however Nello and Alice did a fantastic job of answering my endless questions. A tip to any future bride is to just keep communicating, asking questions if you are not sure. Nello and Alice are extremely acccommodating as are all the staff that work there.
A huge thank you to Gennaro who is simply amazing and to Vincenzo, Helena and the rest of the team who work quietly and diligently behind the scenes.
Thank you to Villa Oliviero for giving us our dream day and we will be back again soon.

Stayed: May 2016