“Would not recommend”

Pensione Casa Guadagno
Ranked #23 of 53 Positano B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I booked a solo walking tour of the Amalfi Coast through On Foot Holidays and had limited input into the hotels that were booked. This one was ok - slightly below average I'd say. I don't know the stand alone price so I can't speak to value. But I have to imagine there are better properties. As a recent review pointed out, not all rooms are on sight...my room was around the corner and down several flights of stairs. And they do NOT help you with luggage...a porter can take the luggage but you will be charged. The bed was not overly comfortable either; neither were the sheets. I was cold the first night so I took out the blanket. When I went to go to bed the second night I realized they had taken it...not sure why? Maybe to clean? But I was without a blanket...and since it's so far from the main office and I was in my PJs I didn't bother making the trek to ask for another. The towels are also a bit weird...not fluffy. I will say that the hair dryer is top notch though (for what that's worth ha)! Overall the rooms did not have a very homey feel, it felt cold and dark...I had a terrace, which when I walked out had a nice view....but it was shared with my neighbor and they were always out there so a definite lack of privacy. I would not recommend this place as there seemed to be so many other adorable B&Bs.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We booked a room online, and were surprised to find that the room was not located on the main premises (which looked great). The room was actually located 40 steps further down. This made taking our luggage to and from the room more difficult and the hotel told us they could not help us carry the luggage (but would be happy to connect us with a luggage porter service). We also felt the bathroom could have been cleaner, and it would have been nice to have normal (fluffy) towels. When we asked for extra towels since one of the original towels did not seem clean, the new towels were placed on the bidet, so we did not end up using them. The bedroom was very clean. While we didn't see the rooms in the main building, I would highly suggest asking for a room in the main building (which may have a slightly higher rate).

The main premises looked nice, and the view at breakfast from the hotel's balcony was beautiful. The breakfast spread was substantial as well, and the hosts were kind.

Room Tip: I would highly suggest asking for a room in the main building (which may have a slightly higher rate...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We had a spacious triple room, comfortable, pretty and spotlessly clean, with a good sized terrace...and a beautiful sea view. We could even enjoy the view from the bed via the French doors opposite. The bathroom was clean and well equipped. Breakfast was continental, adequate and hospitably offered. Infact, we had forgotten that breakfast was included, and our friendly host made a special effort to remind us. The breakfast room also had a gorgeous view. Parking was extra, but (in Positano terms) nearby, and easy. Location-wise, it was off the beaten track - thankfully - but within walking distance of the main town and beach (if you dislike lots of steps, then avoid Positano). We would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Decent for the price, very friendly and helpful staff. Location was difficult to find using gps as we chose to walk to the hotel. But it was also during our first trip to Positano so we weren't familiar with the layout of the town which is fairly unique. I would stay here again but I think there are probably other properties that would be about the same or better.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I'd really give this place a 3.5, but since Filoteo and his staff were amazing, I'd rate them 4.

Here's what I thought about the place:
1) breakfast every morning - Ok spread, great cappuccino and awesome granola

2) location. It is over at the less busy part of the coast, which we liked. walkable and easily accessible

3) room is spacious, clean, and pretty.

A FEW DOWNSIDES - first, our bed was old and springy. (My bf says its worse than springy, protruding coils and matress thinned out).

Second, we couldnt sleep well with the thin walls. On our 2nd night a noisy family with kids checked in. The kids were yelling in tandem with parents yapping away at 12 midnight. (Imagine my frustration!) I am never one to confront but i stomped out of my bedroom to bang on their door - thankfully they hushed after 15 minutes.

But still, an awful way to wake up after having to labor and try hard to sleep with the springy old bed. Maybe if you can put extra blankets over the bed it will make it better? Try :)

BUT all in all, Filoteo, our host and all other things about this Inn is close to great!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple