“So good we went back to San Demo just to eat here again”

Mini Bar da Antonio
Ranked #95 of 366 Restaurants in Sanremo
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 29 June 2016

My wife and I stayed in Ventimiglia for 10 days, and after good reviews decided to eat here on a day trip to San Remo. Outstanding food,friendly,relaxed atmosphere, excellent service and great value. We ate at lovely restaurants in Ventimiglia but this was our overall favourite,so much so we came back just to eat here again,and the second time was equally, if not better than the first. On our first visit we both had a lovely insalata mista,I had raviolini with prosciutto and crema. My wife had gnocchi with pesto, both dishes were heaven. We both had tiramasu with strawberries for dessert,the best I have ever had in Italy. We had a beautiful bottle of white wine, 2 bottles of water, 2 coffee's and limoncello,all for 61€. The second time, the owner, (presumably Antonio), remembered us, sat us at the table we had the first time, (he also remembered how we said we liked it). On our first visit we noticed how many customers were having seafood,and as they were Italians we thought we must give it a try. I had tagliarini a mare monti, my wife had spaghetti mare,they have to be eaten to be believed. SUPERB.When it was time for the bill Antonio said the coffee's and limoncello were on him. We cannot recommend this place highly enough. To us this was the complete package of glorious food and drink,atmosphere and service. Grazie Antonio

Reviewed 3 March 2016

As good food as small place. Best pasta dishes we've tested so far in the world. Cooked with both skill and heart from the best chefs. The staff doesn't speak much English, but they are obviously very kind and happy from the heart. Hands down, very good food indeed with clean and well composed tastes. My best recommendations!

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

As people have already stated, don't be put off by the appearance of a cafe. The food is fresh, cooked to order, uncomplicated and delicious. Seafood pasta was perfect, with clams, razor clams, mussels, prawns, and fish. Wine was so inexpensive I could not believe it.
Loved the place

4  Thank Deano1957
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Don't look at the restaurant but only what you have on your plate. This is an unusual place for one of the best pastas in the world.

1  Thank nt92100
Reviewed 4 November 2014

This little gem of a place was packed 5 minutes after opening, which speaks volumes. You know you are not paying for decor but what it lacks in visual appearance it makes up for in strides when it comes to quality of service, value for money and excellence of food! The staff are very friendly and attentive and you just know you are getting the kind of home made, fresh ingredients and service with a smile you can expect of in Italy.

1  Thank CambridgeJohnny