2 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$10,223
TripadvisorUS$9,439
StayForLong
1,917 results
All reviews pool area shuttle bus pasta all inclusive package minute walk the main road sole great holiday cakes all inclusive hotel plenty of choice pool towels plenty of sunbeds sorrento town restaurant staff poolside bar most nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my fianceé just got back from a lovely week's stay at the parco del sole. As soon as we arrived at this hotel we were blown away by the lovely service from the staff with a welcome drink on arrival and the bags taken up to our room.
The staff here are so so lovely and accommodating. They were always ready to help and offer advice on excursions and any other queries we had. I've read alot of reviews on here complaining about the bathrooms, I can say that ours was very clean and was cleaned and smelt lovely every day when we'd come back to the room. The decor in the bathrooms is what you'd expect staying in Italy as they love their tiles and marble and is very traditional. I don't mind this as I don't come to other countries wanting them to be the same as mine. The food was very yummy and varied. Most of it was italian food including sea food, veal, pasta, pork ect. I think most of the people that have been complaining about it aren't very adventurous and probably don't like change. Me and my partner loved the food and it was exactly what we expected being in italy. We did go and eat in other restaurants as well but only because we wanted to try everything and eat in as many different places as possible. We had a lovely pool view room which was bright and airy. The bed was very comfortable and large. We were expecting the room to be smaller but were surprised at how large it was!!! There were people complaining about their rooms but never seemed to leave the hotel and explore. We used it as a home base and were very happy with it. The pool was large and was quite cold however once you were in it and swimming around you quickly get used to the temperature and it's a nice way to cool off from the hot sun.
The hotel itself is in a perfect location as it is right by the train station making a pompeii trip easy. It is also within 15 mins walking distance of sorrento. Please go to Capri if you go here, you will not be disappointed!
The drinks in the all inclusive package were fine and it includes cocktails which were lovely. The beer was also very good quality and always fresh tasting.
All in all we loved our stay at this hotel and will 100% be coming back here next time we decide to explore sorrento.

Thank you parco del sole and all its staff for the lovely service.

6  Thank EmilyFahy
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We just got back from a week stay at this hotel and had a fantastic time. We paid £1100 all inclusive for 2 adults, 4 year old child and an 8 month infant. It was excellent value for money.

GOOD POINTS
- TUI rep Rachel was absolutely fantastic. Very helpful and friendly. There is a free walk on offer for those who want to go around Sorrento. I would definitely recommend this as she will take you to see loads of places you wouldn’t have discovered on your own, and will show you how to navigate the very busy road. For her performance I would give 5 stars!
- The restaurant staff, pool bar staff and cleaners are amazing. Very friendly, welcoming and will attend to your every need.
- Surrounding gardens are beautiful and very well maintained.
- I found the drinks quite nice. You pay for what you get. We didn’t pay much so for what we got it was ok.

BAD POINTS
- The reception staff are very unhelpful. I desperately needed a kettle for bottle sterilisation purposes for my baby. They couldn’t understand what I needed a kettle for at first. They just kept saying I didn’t need a kettle because tea was on offer at the bar. Then they wanted to charge me 10euro a night to bring boiling water to the room in place of a kettle (how on earth would that work). Finally I gave up and bought a kettle from a local shop for 18euro. On the 4th day someone arrived at the room with one, but by then it was too late. The TUI rep said she would reimburse me but I didn’t follow this through.
- The refurbishment they have done to the reception, hallway and bedrooms is to a very low standard. The hallway walls have been covered in cheap laminate flooring throughout. It’s very oppressive and has started to warp in the heat. It’s instalment is really shoddy. The green carpet to the hallway has been replaced by, you guessed it.... carpet! It’s red colour is vile and holds every bit of dirt imaginable. You can imagine with everyone walking over it constantly how it’s already become worn and all the grit fragments it’s holds. The bathrooms are still the awful green tiles that you can see in the photos. Every crevasse is covered in mould, limescale covers the shower head, sink is covered in cracks and the silicone has been poorly reapplied 4-5 times the same place. I could go on but you probably get the picture.
- The owner, his partner and child are constantly by the pool sunbathing. The mother and child are so nice and friendly (although they don’t speak English), but I found the owner a little overbearing. Being a mum myself he was chucking cold glasses of water at his 4 year old daughter and laughing his head off while she was crying her eyes out. Is this really how you behave in your own hotel with guests? You just see him walking around all day in his scruffs not doing very much. For a 4 star hotel I would expect him to take more pride in his appearance and if funds are available invest properly in the interiors!
- The pool itself is clean but freezing cold to the point that it’s unusable. I couldn’t understand from previous reviews why this was an issue, you are in warm Italy after all. However, after experiencing this myself I understand what all the fuss was about. Like it’s ice cube cold! I think every sun lounger I laid on was broke, you have to search for a working umbrella. They are also all filthy and covered in mould.
- If you have children who require a buggy, be careful going to Pompeii. We went with a tour guide who basically took us the most inaccessible way imaginable. There were buggy/wheelchair friendly routes, but she just ignored these.
- Food isn’t going to poison you, but it’s not amazing. Cooked cold carrots, chicken curry with no rice to put with it only pasta, hard potatoes and Iceland standard desserts.
- There is no covers on the duvets. Our beds were made but the sheets never changed the entire week. Towels are so worn that thread hangs down from half of them.

To summarise good hotel for what we paid. It’s a bit rough and ready, but for an affordable family holiday it was good. Just remember if you have a baby and need to sterilise things to be very prepared going.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank victoriarH7451YT
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I was so concerned with some of the reviews for this hotel. But we have just got back from 6 days in the sun. The hotel is so clean everywhere, room was cleaned daily. The food was very all inclusive.. it was ok but to experience proper Italian food I would recommend going out for a meal! The staff are also so friendly and polite, especially some of the restaurant waiters.

All in all, we very much enjoyed our stay here. (The parco del sole cocktail tastes amazing)

1  Thank emilyaus2018
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Sitting in my room on my last night and might I say large comfortable room cleaned daily to a very high standard as is the en suite by a fantastic cleaning crew special shout out to Rosetta our maid.Great staff throughout ever part of the hotel to numerous to mention however tasted the best Bloody Mary at the pool bar I have ever had. I found the only problem with the food that there was to much to choose from. Everything I sampled was well prepared and tasty Sitting at the pool soaking up the sun was great after a trip into Sorrento which we did several times hoping to get back for another break in September a great big Grazie to all the staff how worked tirelessly throughout our stay .

1  Thank betzam
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Staff are well trained and smart , always ready to help. Hotel grounds are well tended and pretty but the pool area will be very crowded in summer. Rooms are clean but bathrooms in particular need updating. There is a dress code for evenings of no shorts for men however this was mainly not observed , and there were some wearing vest tops sporting tattoos ! Drinks were mainly unpalatable cheap brands. It seems that when hotels become all inclusive standards drop.

Room tip: Ask for bus and train timetable at the desk
5  Thank Sylvia B