All reviews bed apartment train station cookery school pool area living area minute walk orange and lemon trees basic accommodation local supermarket sant agnello sun loungers large bathroom plenty of sunbeds public areas cold meats yogurt every evening
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Just back from a week's stay. Yes the bungalows are small but the site as a whole has much in its favour. The pool is large and inviting. Breakfast is buffet and lacks imagination but is ok and served in a very nice dining room. It is a bit of a trek into sorrento but is on bus route or it's on the train line. We were out much of the time so a bed to lay our heads on was all we asked for and this did the job.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a week stay here. On arrival myself and my partner were apprehensive due to other reviews, however we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was actually, a lovely resort. We had a bungalow and although it was small, it was adecuate although not what was advertised (we booked through jet2). However, all this being said.. our last day was yesterday and through the week we had kept all money with us at all times as we went out everyday until yesterday with it being our last day, we decided to have a day at the pool and top up our tans considering we were returning to England, before heading to the pool we counted our remaining money which was €170 in all, 3 x €50 notes and €20 note. We took the €20 with us to the pool area for drinks and left the remaining 3 €50 notes in a red bag on the right hand side of the bed which was zipped and closed and we headed to the pool (please also bare in mind that our shutters and windows had been locked as well as the door) 3 hours later, I returned to our room to use the bathroom and had noticed our bedroom had been cleaned by the cleaners, I then decided to count our money as my bag had been moved and was shocked to discover only 2 x €50 notes left, before I started making accusations I returned to the pool area to double check I had only picked up €20 and asked my partner if she had moved it, she responded no and headed to the bungalow to search for it and couldn’t find it, she then headed to reception to tell them and didn’t get a very good answer. I then went to speak to the cleaners who spoke very little English but could gather that a concern had been raised at reception about money going missing from our room. I went to reception and a lady called Antonella, who first of all spoke to me like I was a piece of s**t on the bottom of her shoe, told me that the cleaners go in to the rooms together but someone else could have gone in and taken the money (you’ll actually find that the cleaners go in and work their way around the complex doing the rooms independently and it doesn’t take two people to put fresh towels in a bathroom and make a bed) as that’s all they do, no actual cleaning, anyways, I stated to Miss. Rude that the window and door was locked. The cleaners are the only people to have entered and the money has gone, Miss. Rude response was that the cleaner said I hadn’t left my bag on the bed, which was a lie as my partner was my witness, with no further help I stated that I wanted it investigating otherwise I would be calling the police and Antonella said ‘no, madam, no need to call police, call Jet2 and we speak with them’ I nicely told Antonella that in England, when something has been stolen, it’s called theft and police deal with the matter not a holiday company. I was told cctv was going to be checked and I went back to reception 3 times and still hadn’t been checked, I went back this morning before checking out and Antonella was there and said they had to wait for someone to come and check, so I shall wait and see as I am taking it further. Also, Jet2 was contacted so we could have some translation from our resort rep to Antonella who understands what she wants to respond too however they’re just as unuseful. Keep all money on you if staying here, I wouldn’t even trust the safe, or save yourself the hassle book elsewhere and if holidaying in Italy try booking somewhere closer as it’s a 35 minute walk or €25.90 in a taxi as the tariff starts at €7 in some or €10 in others.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BethanyJH
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We stayed for 2 weeks and from the website had expected lovely accommodation but were disappointed, and were not the only ones, reading other reviews! Shame as the potential is huge. Some detailed points below.
The villa we had was meant for 2 adults and in this usage it would have been fine, but for 4 adults it was cramped with sofabed in 2nd room.
TL:DR To sum up, if you are happy with tiny, tired looking accommodation but you are out all day and don’t mind, this is fine. It’s sunny and pleasant surroundings in a quiet area. If you want a bit more luxury/space in your apartment, I suggest you look elsewhere. Even the top grade here is disappointing for the money.
We arrived late at night to find our '2-bedroom apartment' we booked was not available and we were ‘upgraded’ to a villa. This meant our 2 teenagers were sharing a rickety sofa bed for a 2-week stay.
The next day we were offered the original 2-bed apartment, if we wanted it, but we were so shocked at the tiny size and the 'tired' condition that we chose to stay in the villa. we asked for a bed or mattress instead of the sofa bed, but were refused as they 'can't move the furniture around'.
The resort itself is very pleasant, with a lovely pool, however there are several issues I have because of misleading advertising:
1) apartments and bungalows are TINY - literally no room to swing a cat. In the apartments the kitchenette has a 2-burner hob, oven, small fridge. Not even a microwave. It barely fits a tiny table and chairs in. No resemblance to the website photos!
2) 'Free WiFi' is only available at 2 points - by the restaurant and the pool, NOT at the accommodation. Sorry – this is not what most people mean by ‘WIFI available’.
3) Breakfast is adequate – but only cold food, no eggs or anything cooked. Coffee from a machine - several other people were moaning that they expect fresh coffee in Italy! However, it's a perfectly pleasant breakfast, just the restaurant is then closed for the rest of the day. (There is a restaurant next door for dinner if you don’t want to walk but it closes early.)
4) The Pool. This is lovely, but only open from 10 am to 6 pm, even though the info in our room said 7pm for July/August. So if you are out all day, you can't hop in the pool for a refreshing swim when you get back as it's closed. They were pretty stringent about throwing people out and closing on time! The bar was nice and the food limited but good.
5) As we had a disrupted first night (in fact our kids had to sleep in a separate bungalow as there were no sheets on the sofa bed, which is why I can review the bungalow, 2-bed apartment and villa!) my daughter suggested we have a refund for one person - this is fair as the accommodation means there is only one small rickety sofa-bed for 2 of them. The manager immediately went on the defensive and insisted we sign a piece of paper to say we won't ask for a refund. She was very forceful and quite rude and ignored our rights as paying guests, not to mention keeping your customers happy or putting them first. I have since seen in other reviews a similar experience by other guests. The attitude here is to run a holiday resort for the convenience of the staff, rather than the guests – that is the wrong attitude from the outset. Unless you are Basil Fawlty.
6) The villa – this is set in a lovely private garden with orange and fig trees, but is such a missed opportunity. A few more feet added to the living room/second bedroom and they could furnish with 2 single beds, a wardrobe and drawers and rent as a family villa for 4 people.
We kept the villa, in spite of the poor second bedroom with sofa bed, because it actually had a bit more room, and a bigger kitchen with a proper oven, 4-ring hob, larger fridge and freezer. As we stayed for 2 weeks, we needed to cook some meals. Still no microwave, no dishwasher. There is one public coin-op washing machine for the whole resort.
The bathroom was also much nicer than in the apartment we saw (tiny and in need of refurbishment/cleaning) or bungalow (so tiny you could barely get in). The one genuine claim is air conditioning – ours worked well, and we were happy to have it!
7) The area. St Agnello is quiet and pleasant. We arrived late on our first night and by the time our accommodation was sorted out it was about 10.30pm. Luckily there was a local restaurant open, Peppinos… However, if I was booking again I would go for something IN Sorrento. Although this is only one train stop away and transport is cheap, the last train runs at about 9.30pm, so eating out and getting back is a challenge.
8) Warning – the resort will charge 10 Euros per night for parking! I thought we were paying them quite enough to cover a parking space on this large site.
9) Addendum: Did take a look at the 1-bed apartments and they seemed a bit more spacious than the 2-bed version. Another family had booked two of these – one for them and one for the kids, and were happy with what they got. Even here there were odd things – like one kitchenette had a fridge, one had a mini cooker (2-rings) but no fridge…go figure!
However they were nicely laid out and more roomy than the bungalows (which I would avoid at all costs) or the 2 bed apartments.
The accommodation was cleaned daily and the cleaners were great!

Room Tip: Noise - fireworks some nights and building works, but generally quiet resort. Don't book bungalows literally a double bed and shower.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bamreview
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband & 2 children after finishing a cruise of the med. we were looking forward to a relaxed modern environment as per the website where we could relax after a busy week. On arrival the reception was bright & lovely with a modern clean look.

However on being shown to our ‘apartment’ I was gutted to see that it was absolutely NOTHING like the website. The room was a bedsit with a pokey shower & dreary dark rooms! (Please compare below pics with 1 bed apartment advertising on site)

My kids were crammed in beds in a corner next to the tiny little kitchen which consisted of a fridge, hob & camping stove kettle?!?
In despair I went to reception with pic from the site & the room to see if they felt they were the same & to be fair to them they agreed with me and upgraded us to 2 bed apartment which, altho was still defo not modern or refreshing was better and did us for the week.

The pool area big, clean & well laid out with no enforced restrictions but the bar lady doesn’t seem to like non Italians and was often rude & uninterested which was uncomfortable and food on offer was not pleasant.

All in all we had a pleasant week but would not return or recommend as feel the accommodation is more 1970’s Butlins and not up the standard for the price

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank emmapemma38
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We booked with Tui back in April and chose the Esperidi as we liked the idea of the bungalows, the pool was larger than others and it was out of the hub-bub of Sorrento. It was admittedly the cheapest in the area. We then read new reviews coming through and began to worry but arrived with our eyes open. For what we paid the Esperidi was perfect. It is not a 4* hotel but most booking would know this from the price. We stayed in a bungalow and it was small and basic but had everything we needed with good air-con. I feel people who are unhappy with rooms need to compare to other hotels in their area where you would pay x4 as much!

The gardens and pool were lovely and nice and tranquil to return to after a busy day on the tourist trail. The pool is not suitable for young children due to depth. The pool bar sold a good range of food and drinks, when served by the right person the cocktails were very strong! Breakfast was good, no hot food but not something I would want on a hot summer holiday - even better if you sit outside. The reception bar was not staffed and we did feel this is where the hotel is missing an opportunity as there were often people milling around in the eve and it would have made a lively venue if managed correctly.

From previous reviews we expected there to be few restaurants in the area but there were in fact many with one super one next door!! The restaurant called ‘vesuvio’ the floor below the ‘sky bar’ in the front is particularly amazing where we had the best meal ever and then cocktails in their pool bar downstairs. We had great fun exploring the local restaurants and hotel bars. Sant’Angelo in our opinion was by far prettier than Sorrento with better views and slower pace.

The Esperidi has huge potential not currently met but for the prices they charge we were very happy with our stay and would come again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple