Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
All reviews minute walk amalfi coast an oasis of peace private pool guests feel lovely room pompeii mauro relaxation train
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2021

We had a very lovely stay at Villa Savarese, possibly our best stay ever! Mauro and the other employees do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible (for example carry your suitcases and arrange tours). The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The pool area is green and calm. The breakfast is amazing with very nice china. There are a lot of restaurants in the neighbourhood. You can walk to the center of Sorrento (20 min) or to the port (30 min). We would definitely recommond staying here if you want to explore the Amalfi coast. Villa Savarese is an oasis of peace and feels like home!

Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

Found this hotel really hard to review.
Our room was beautiful and large and very well decorated. In fact the hotel was beautifully decorated and really to our taste.
The breakfast was very good and a lot the variety. The waiter at breakfast was also excellent and very attentive.
The round gentleman (sorry I have forgotten is name) behind reception was also very helpful and friendly.

However during our first night at the hotel, whilst we were out for dinner, someone came into our room to provide a turn down service. The unfortunate part is that our room was on the ground floor and accessible from outside. When the member of staff was turning down our room they left the door open resulting in a cat getting into our room and peeing all over our suitcase and my clothes (that I hadn’t had a chance to unpack yet as we arrived late In the day)
When we told the young girl at reception she was very helpful and had all my clothes washed for me. However our suitcase (which cost almost $200) was ruined and dripping wet. We had to spend time during our holiday trying to scrub the suitcase to get the smell out of it which unfortunately did not come out. We understand this is an accident however when we spoke to the manager she only offered an apology and again “this has never happened before”. We weren’t even offer a complimentary drink let alone offered compensation for our suitcase which we have now had to dispose of. (I’ve attached some photos to show the state of some of my clothes and the suitcase)
As this happened on the first night it really did out a dampener on the holiday. It also happened the day before I was bridesmaid for my friends wedding which added further stress that my clothes would be washed in time.
If the incident was rectified the correct way then I would be scoring this hotel 5*. However I was just left feeling very very disappointed at the level of service and having to fork out for a brand new suitcase, due to negligence on the hotels side, is something I would not expect.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lozz-o-92
Reviewed 21 September 2021

Our stay at Relais Villa Savarese was pure splendor. When we arrived through the gorgeous grand gate we were met immediately by Mauro, who promptly checked us in hours early, assisted with our luggage, and gave us a thorough tour of the Villa. All the while giving us personalized info regarding our trip and the offer to assist us with anything we needed.

I hold this hotel up as an example of one of best places I have ever stayed. Rooms were spotless, detail oriented, and full of anything we could need from basic bathroom necessities to bathrobes and slippers. The made to order breakfast was delicious and the pool and overall serenity of the property brought my family and myself true relaxation. II Ruttino, around the corner for the best pizza and fresh seafood in town became a huge highlight of our trip as well. There are few hotels that are lucky to have individuals such as the staff here that brings so much to the table. I highly recommend going to Italy just to stay here, it could not be more perfect!

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 9 September 2021

My husband and I are just back from a week in Sorrento staying at Relais Villa Savarese and had a fantastic time. The hotel is located about 15 mins walk into the centre of Sorrento in a very nice area called S. Agnello. You will need to be keen walkers as we covered about 100,000 steps in the week - including exploring the wonderful sights of Pompeii, Capri, Positano and Amalfi.
The hotel is really beautiful. I loved the decor - I think it has been done recently. We had a lovely room with all the facilities needed. Beds were very comfortable and nightly turn down service provided. The pool was lovely and quiet with nice music being played to help relaxation.
The staff were incredibly friendly and couldnt do enough for you - big shout out to Mauro who does a great job engaging with the guests.
The only thing that slightly lets it down are the breakfasts - the eggs were over cooked at least 3 out of 6 days. The table presentation is lovely with fab crockery that I will be trying to find online.
Thanks to all the team at Villa Savarese - we had a truly wonderful time.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

The room pictures is alot better than the real thing. The hotel is not as charming as it looks. Not the best service and the breakfast was quite sad.

But it was very clean and fresh. The pool and the outside was very nice.

Think we just expected more with all the good reviews.

So that’s why I’ll give it a 2 instead of a 3.

Date of stay: July 2021