Hotel Stella
US$105
US$121
  • Breakfast included
US$62
All reviewspiazza garibaldiexcellent coffeemagnificent citywould stay here againcomfortable bedsquiet streetlocation is excellentrobertobrothersromecaffeconfettipacentromountains
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We had the best time! They welcomed us as if we were long lost cousins.The room and location are perfect. Breakfast was delicious. Sulmona is a wonderful town. I highly recommend you spending some time here. Go for the Confetti and stay for the food. You will love it. We did!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2016

This hotel was recommended by a good friend who has family in Sulmona. After researching we decided to book this for three nights. We were visiting my grandfathers birth place for the first time. We could not have had a better experience. Staying at this hotel was like staying at an upscale bed and breakfast. The hotel is family run by mostly 2 brothers with assistance by their mother. Both brothers went out of their way to assist my wife and I. They assisted us with finding restaurants, parking, and booking a hotel in Pineto our next destination. The room was clean with a nice bed and a spacious bathroom. The continental breakfast was better than we expected. They even offered to cook eggs if we wished. Hoping to return to Sulmona and we would not stay anywhere else. The hotel was located on a side street off of Sulmona's Main Street with a short walk to the Piazza Garabaldi and many other sites in town.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms seemed newly renovated
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2016

One night in January...biggest double bed I have ever slept in! Cafe breakfast was delicious and staff were so helpful. Would happily go back to this lovely town and very central hotel right by the Town Hall.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was fine
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyBountiful
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Sulmona must be a good place to ride your bike and Stella certainly accommodates. We stayed there for the night on our tour of Abruzzi and we already noticed bike clothes hanging to dry out of one of the windows. This probably wouldn't be permissible in the US but we weren't in the US. They allowed us to store our bikes in the restaurant and we noticed at least 4 other bikes there.

The staff was very nice and accommodating. However, my two main gripes is that the bathroom was very tight despite the room being spacious, even with an extra hallway for the closet. The bathroom could have used a makeover but at €80, I guess I'm not staying at a luxury hotel.

The second gripe I have is that thought the wifi is free, it was not working on the 2nd floor with our iPhones. The guy at the front desk was helpful by rebooting the router. Unfortunately, it just didn't seem to work for some reason. He said that iPhones have issues whereas other devices like Android don't. Normally, I would say that is a bunch of BS. However, my Garmin had no trouble connecting to it and uploading my ride. This is the first time I've ever encountered such a situation, so I'm inclined to say that it's their setup that was the culprit.

I don't remember what the breakfast was like, so it must have been OK. However, when we asked to fill our water bottles in the morning, they used the water from the bar rather than from the faucet even though we told them it was OK to just give us water from the faucet. That was very nice of them.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank man910
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

We came to Sulmona looking for information on a great grandfather instead we were met with the most gracious host Roberto whose excellent service and hospitality introduced us to a travel experience that will be remembered for a very long time. The hotel was very clean and well appointed and in an excellent location but the best part of the trip was following Roberto's suggestions for great places to eat and places to visit just outside of Sulmona. ..... not to be missed! GRAZIE MILLE ROBERTO!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple