“Tirrenia's Site for Excellent Cuisine”
Review of Ristorante Martini

Ristorante Martini
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Tirrenia
Price range: US$19 - US$43
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Our last time in Tirrenia we dined here just before departing Italy, and did it again this year. Worthwhile! The staff is friendly, and anxious to explain dishes in English. Decor is very nice-a bit upscale. Food is excellent, including many well delivered sea food dishes. We selected a wonderful wine from Sardinia. My wife had a delicious tagliatelle with lobster meat; I had an always fabulous risotto nero. Then came frito misto-a mixture of lightly breaded and fried sea food varieties -little fish, heads and all, calamari and shrimp-very tasty. Deserts were great.
And after caffe, an after dinner drink on the house for each of us-- grappa for one, mirto for the other. The restaurant was packed (mostly with locals) so I'd recommend reservations.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

First off I have to say I can't fault the cuisine at this establishment, and actually the service was extremely helpful, and informative. In this context I'd have has to award Martini's a higher rating than I did.
The thing is though; at almost every step of the way both my partner and I felt as if we were constantly being urged to order more things than we actually wanted. Would you like fries with that, and, are you sure you wouldn't like a nice tasty sea-fish starter?
... Im agile for a moment, you went to your fridge to take out a slice of cheese for a sandwich and the fridge made you feel guilty for not selecting at least three other items from its selection of contents.

Add to this the fact that the main course took 38 minutes to arrive at our table and that the missing fish-knife which was promised momentarily, never turned, leaving my partner to try eating her excellent fish supper without one, and, well... you get the idea.

Two starters, two mains a side order and a bottle of Spumante £113 ?

Is that good value for money...perhaps cause the mean was good, but the underlying feeling left was that we were not values so much as guests but rather as "Punters"
Sorry Martini, but you have to do better and work on that genuine feeling of value to your customers

2  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Such a nice restaurant. We received a warm welcome. The food is so good. Loved the wine that was recommended. Staff is excellent (Flora we love you ;)). More than reasonable prices.

1  Thank Sandy N
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Tried Martini twice on our two week vacation in Tirrenia. The food was great, service good and atmosphere relaxed with a good mix of locals and tourists. The seafood antipasto was outstanding with a wide range of seafood tastes (hot, cold, creamy, sweet, sour, salty) and more than enough for two to share.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

The staff here are so welcoming and friendly. The manager greeted us when we walked in and was quite an animated, friendly man. Our waitress was lovely and was from Romania...she made our night. She was lovely and attentive. The drinks were a little slow but she always let us know that she knew that we were waiting for them. Definitely worth visiting for dinner! Food was also really tasty!