Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$107
PricelineUS$107
Hotels.comUS$102
eDreamsUS$107
Orbitz.comUS$102
TravelocityUS$102
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2019

VL is a wonderful hotel that I have known for 12 years. The hotel staff are excellent, professional and efficient. Nothing is too much trouble and all our needs were met with a smile.

This trip was a choir tour, and we were 45 people in the group. Every effort was made by staff to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Specific dietary needs were met and meal times moved to accommodate our itinerary.

My room was spacious and comfortable, with a fridge and safe. There was a balcony and lovely views accross the Umbrian hills.

VL is a 10-15 minute walk uphill from the centre of Todi. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel gates, and taxis are avialable on request. Todi is a beautiful Estruscan Town. The ancient Cistern is well worth a visit, and there are many good cafes and restaurants to choose from throughout the town. Walking around the perimiter of Todi affords beautiful views across the countryside.
Best and least? I loved the hotel and its friendly staff and of course the town and its history is fascinating. There are always cultural events happening, so there is something for almost everyone.
Least liked ... leaving Todi and VL to go home.

Room tip: Key access to the rooms - the best I've had in any hotel. Very comfortable bed and lovely cleaning staff.
Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed this hotel before, and I loved it then. I love it now.I visited for lunch with friends on the biggest holiday of the Italian calendar, Ferragosto. It was a set menu, with a buffet antipasto, really varied and a very high standard. Only problem is it didn’t leave much room for the next courses, delicious pasta and meat followed by the most delicious lemon semi freddo I’ve ever tasted. The service here is always immaculate, and it didn’t disappoint. A very traditional restaurant, and I absolutely recommend it for any occasion.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night only and had booked 2 rooms. One for the kids and one for us. At the check-in we were given two adjoining rooms with a balcony and view on the garden and swimming pool. Unfortunately that night there was a San Lorenzo party going on and at 1 AM I went downstairs to tell the receptionist we were having a hard time trying to sleep. He immediately went into the garden and a bit later the music volume went down. My wife and family had no longer any trouble sleeping, but I still heard the people talking. I went downstairs again and watched some TV together with the receptionist. The poor guy had a terrible headache and he too suffered from the noise. Anyhow, a bit later the party was over and I was able to fall asleep. By the next morning management already had decided to give me a really nice discount and apologized a million times. I didn't have to complain, everything was already anticipated and we had some extra budget for the next day. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed many times at this hotel over the years. It's I a very nice location, lovely views from the please gardens. Plenty of places to sit in the shade and enjoy a drink. It has a very nice pool area to. It retains its family run feel and is an ideal base to stay and enjoy the lovely village of Todi and the beautiful surroundings area. Wish I was there now.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I came at Villa Luisa in this very nice region of Umbria but I was so disappointed.
The hotel is not far from the city center which is good but it looks so old fashioned and smells the "old" in the corridors.
Room is clean but interior design completely out dated. Same for the bathroom. Bad smell also in the room, I do not know which household product they use here.
Private balcony but no real intimacy.
Limited choice at the breakfast, I think I had my worst coffee of all my holidays in the hotel (Soluble Nestle machine...).
The pool looked nice. Free Wifi.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
catia c, Direttore at Villa Luisa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear Mr Sean M,
We thank you for your feedback.
I'm sorry that you was so disappointed.
The rooms with balcony were renovated on 2007 and I don't think that are so old fashioned. On line we offer the possibility to look a lot of pictures about rooms, bathrooms, lobby, bar, restaurant, garden, terrace, swimming pool.
We want to show our hotel by complete and real pictures.
The rooms on the second floor (without balcony) were renovated on 2012 and the groundfloor rooms on 2016.
You didn't inform the reception staff about the bad smell so we have not able to solve the problem. We are available to change room when the guest has a problem.
The cleanliness is very careful as many other guest have appreciated. We use just first quality ecological household product.

The rooms with balconies offers adjacent balconies with a high 2.5 meters separator.
The size balconies is minimum 3/4 mq, with a small table and two chairs.
What do you need for a real intimacy?

I'm sorry you didn't like our continental breakfast buffet with Hot & Cold Drinks
(Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Cappuccino, Americano, Hot Milk, Cold Milk
Orange Juice – Tropical Juice, Mineral water) and as food:
Cereals - Yoghurt - Fresh fruit in season – Fruit in syrup - Butter – Jam – Honey
Brown and White Bread - Biscuits – Croissants - Home made cakes
Cold cuts - Cheese - Cream cheese.
On request we offer gluten free food and soya milk.
On request we are happy to prepare espresso!
We offer our guests a spacious breakfast room which leads onto our beautiful terrace with the breathtaking view of the valley below where, during the appropriate season, one can have a morning breakfast admiring the far away hills.

Thank you for your positive words about pool and free wifi, that is available in each area of hotel, including terrace and pool.

Regards,