“Great beach, way too big of a resort”
Review of Valtur Tanka

Valtur Tanka
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Villasimius
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The place is amazing and the beach is perfect. But with small children it can get tiring because everything is far from the rooms. There's a little train that circles the entire resort free of charge but it doesn't run ALL day. No trains between 2:30 and 4:30 pm and the last train stops at 8 pm. We had two children ages of 23 months and 5 years and only one stroller. They do rent bicycles for the kids, but I couldn't get one the entire week! Also, prepare to bring cash. The resort doesn't take "money", you charge you key card with money or give a credit card at the reception and use the key card to pay for everything in the resort. Including stores and the beach bar. BUT, if you want to buy something from the beach vendors (great summer dresses, jewelry, hats, sunglasses, fruit, beach toys) you need cash. The problem is there's only ONE ATM machine to get cash, located all the way up in the reception. And it never has money! The entire week we stayed there.... Let's talk about the restaurant. It's too big. Gets too loud. Really. And only has one closed space with AC. Small space. In the hotter days, you better run to catch a table there. It's impossible to eat without the AC. And dinner ends at 9:30 pm. At the beach bar, employees do not speak english. Most of the employees, I must say, throughout the resort do not speak English.
It was overall a good experience, the place is beautiful and we really loved the beach. We had to pay 1,50€ for each beach towels, never saw this before. The chairs and shades on the beach are also paid for. And you can't laid down on the beach front with your towel. They have animation throughout the day, excellent service but always in Italian :).
They also have a great service: the photographers. They are all over the place, including the beach, and you can request them any time. Then go to the studio and create your album on their system. You can add photos everyday. At the end of your stay, select the ones you want to buy.
The trip would have been perfect if we had a room closer to the main things or with the train running all day.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We ended our 2 week holiday here for 2 nights. We had stayed in some beautiful places all round sardinia. On arrival the reception was heaving, there are not nearly enough staff to check people in or deal with other issues. It's a car free resort so we parked our car at the opposite end of the resort despite there being a car park at the end of our block. I felt that there was very little information about this sort of thing. We may have mis read the details on the room spec but this was also disappointing. Although very clean and well kept there wasn't any kitchen equipment in there at all! Not even a bottle opener! ( had to resort to the wall!) the fridge door was broken and we had to wedge it shut. The dining areas were very crowded and not normally what we would book but for what it was, the food was ok. Check out again was another nightmare, not enough staff and certainly not helpful. One poor woman had a screaming child in the queue with her for ages yet none of the staff offered to help by moving her through quicker or even giving her a break. We came out of the resort as much as possible, visit Villasimius town and the surrounding beaches, you will have a much better stay. On the plus side the landscaping and grounds were well kept with a beautiful avenue of oleander trees.

Room Tip: Check if other rooms/ villas have better facilities inside
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

They are so "legalistic" they operate by so many rules, a lot of burocracia! It takes centuries to check in, to get the room, to get an space at the beach, to eat in a restaurant....
the only good : pizzas place, people are fantastic!
I didn't like this place at all... €150 per 2 chairs and umbrella at the beach? Are you crazy if the room cost €200 more or less per night! Definitely no a good option to stay if you're not used to the "Italian Resort way"
Thanks a lot

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Spent here 2 nights. The room was spacious, clean and nice. Everything worked well. Very good noise/sound proof. Safe box free of charge in the room. Refrigerator and hair drayer also.
They do have those resort cards, which might be refiled with money at the machine (reception), so you can pay with them everywhere in resort.
Free wifi at the reception, main restaurant "Oasys" and main square. But every day you need to login again.
The territory is large (there is a bike rental or even little train to take you to the beach or so).
Dinners are great, good choise of dishes, but something missing for breakfast. No vegetables in the morning at all.
Evening animation mostly in italian.
I did like the huge swiming pool! The beach is also good.
It's a proper place for those, who like big resorts, crowds in the restaurant (no lines in September though) and many things in one area.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank SigitaVilnius
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

First of all I have to say that I'm very disappointed and I had the worst time of my life in this bed and basic breakfast, because I cannot call this hotel or 4 star. Please send someone to inspect it.
From the first minute of arrival the hotel tried to put an extra charge for us and they didn't even had our reservation. They've told us that we have to pay for our 2 years old child extra because she's more than 2 years old ,even though we had a 2 people+ 1 child reservation and we requested a cot bed already. They said if we want an extra bed for a baby we will need to pay more.
Second off all when we saw our room we were in shock! The room was completely different then the one we saw on your website. It's a bungalow It was dark,old, smell of damp and full off ants. The bathroom smells pee and the shower broken. The room hasn't got any basic things like kettle, glass or cup, spoons or mini bar and iron.
Straight away I said to them that I'm not going to except this room. Then I went to the reception and spoke to Marco, he told me to call Hotel.com and gave me the phone number to them.
On a second day my pregnant wife was sitting outside the room in s chair and it's just collapsed, she fell and hurt herself. She had a pain yesterday and today in her stomach. When I've told that to a hotel but rude manager Marco he didn't even cared or ask if she's ok, he told me to contact Hotels.com again as I booked the hotel with them and complain about it if I want. If anything will happen to her or my unborn child I will hold you the hotel responsible because there are no any Heath and Safety rules and regulations in this hotel. I don't really know how is it a 4 stars hotel! What this stars are based on? I will also contact the Italian Authorities and ask them how is this hotel a 4 star hotel! As a tourist I traveled a lot and I've stayed in so many hotels, but this One is just a joke! I have enough of evidence and photos showing the state of the hotel. It's full of ants and bugs in a bed. Broken shower, sockets, tiles hazard everywhere .
We had a 1/2 board and when we arrived they've told us that we only aloud to eat in one restaurant, this is not mention in your website. In our conformation doesn't say that I'm only allowed to eat in one restaurant otherwise we have to pay an extra charge . This is all fake and false information in your website. A customer is making his booking relaying on a information given on you website.
When I've told a manager about this information he told me it doesn't say in a Hotel. Com but it does say in Expedia. Com.
On a third day, I said before there are no rules of health and safety apply in here, we were having breakfast in a restaurant and my daughter was just standing next to a tables the cleaning lady was pushing a trolley full of empty plates and cups and she hit my little one in her back and sweep her away! The restaurant manager witnessed the incident and apologise
When we went back to the room I called reception and the girl on a phone said that they can send a doctor if I want . At that time I said that my baby is tired and she want to sleep, but after when she's awake I will check if she needs a doctor.
At around 4 o'clock I went to the reception and ask if whey can arrange a doctor to come to the room as she's crying and I'm worrying that somethings could happen to her ribs. Then again Marco the manager said that I will need to pay € 80 for a doctor. I said to him how can your staff injured my daughter and I have to pay for a doctor ! He didn't even apologised and told me call insurance.
I called Hotel. Com and spoke to Emad and he contacted a hotel. After a while he called me back and Said that he spoke to Alisa and she arranged for us different restaurant just what I will need to do is to pop to the reception and change a cards. That's exactly what I did and the manager Marco refused again claiming that I put a bad review in Expedia! This is some kind of joke ! I haven't done any review yet,
But here you go my honest review.
I won't recommended this hotel to anyone and I will never go back there again even for free never ever

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family