All reviews nice pool simius beach self catering sea view white sand villasimius town a great stay cagliari airport kitchenette tidy key accommodation towels taxi september beaches euros
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Having travelled the world and stayed in a variation of places, this accommodation has it's positives and negatives. I'll start with the positive:
Beautiful location in well kept clean gardens, very quiet with a nice pool. The bar area overlooks the pool in the evening which is very relaxing. I would say it was one of the best in the area. It's a leisurely 20-25 min walk into the town centre. The place offers food, it's ok just for a bit of lunch.
Negatives - once we arrived, we were met by the receptionist and demanded that we pay 200 Euros as a bond which was not in our booking information! This was going to be returned once we checked out if there was no damage!! First time ever, i've been met with something like this and were then left with 200 euros on our last day (which is difficult to get great exchange rates)! On our last day, they came to check the apartment and ensured that we disposed all the rubbish via their recycling area! The bedding and towels are only replaced once a week and they were just left outside our door one morning!
The apartments are very dated and not brilliantly equipped, no kettle, toaster etc.
For beach lovers, they have an area cordoned off on the nearby beach which they charge 35 euros a day for two beds and an umbrella! Rip off!
I really don't think this place is worth the money we paid but was it was competitively priced when I researched.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefano F, Responsabile reception at Residence Le Bouganville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your review. It is very important to understand how much you have enjoyed your stay at Le Bouganville.
The price for 2 sun loungers and 1 umbrella on the beach is € 35 only in July and in the First Row. You may have had 2 sun loungers and 1 umbrella in the next rows for € 25 per day. Moreover you may have had a lower price if you have booked the 2 sun loungers for a full week.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Lovely place to stay,relaxing and enjoyable..but on the last day, (accidentally) 15 minutes over check out ..a rude receptionist/Manger (not sure which) let herself into our apartment with her own key,with out knocking! and said check out is at 12! When i explained that we were nearly ready she announced the check out time again and left.
I was shocked as its not an inexpensive place to stay and thought that they would have shown a slight understanding for being 20 mins late checking out at the end of what was a lovely holiday.
When we dropped the key at reception to check out,she did no more than to take the key and the cigarette that she was smoking behind reception from the counter and go and check the room before she allowed us to pay the city tax and leave.
Lovely holiday let down by terrible receptionist

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stefano F, Responsabile reception at Residence Le Bouganville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear guest,
we are very sorry for this unconvenient. Check-out time is not 12, but 10am as explained everywhere (even in your reservation). Moreover you never answered to our phone calls.
We are happy you have enjoyed your stay at Residence and we hope you will come back soon.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Small scale relaxed place with fantastic view, nice pool and walking distance to the beach and restaurants. Town is also very close. There is a bar that serves food and drinks. Apparments are simple but clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I'm writing this review with lots of sorrow, as this place is one of the most beautiful places I have been to. So, despite the fact that the rooms are great, the pool is awesome and the location is beautiful, I still gave it one star, and this is the reason:

After the first day, we asked why our room is not being cleaned, and we were told that they don't clean the rooms and don't change towels (only after one week). We said OK.

When we checked out, they told us that we need to wash the dishes and take out the garbage. This was never been told to us, at any point (not in their web site, not in their reception and not when they took us to the room). We said ok - washed the dishes and took out the trash. By the way, they told us that the "penalty" will be $50 EUR if we don't have the time to do that.

Only after two hours we left the place, on our way to Cagliari. Few hours later, we got a shocking email, that "due to the fact that the cleaner had to clean the room, they will charge us for additional 100 EUR(!!!!).

One might think, and I guess that this will be their response, that we left a ruined room. Well, we haven't. We left the fridge with some unopened grocery, like we are doing in every place that we are staying, three empty bottles in the room (which we forgot), and a toy truck, that didn't fit in our luggage.

I have been traveling a lot. Been to more than 50 countries, while I'm not 35 yet. Never ever in my life I got such a rude, unprofessional email. I already contact my credit card company about it, and made sure that they will reject this charge. So, while we had an amazing time, the fact that we left with such terrible taste doesn't cover it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Oded F
Reviewed 11 July 2017

As the name implies, this is not a hotel but a residence, although it has a bar/ cafe, where you can get drinks, lunches, breakfasts and snacks, all served by the friendliest people.

The pool is nice, in lovely grounds, although most people head out to the fantastic beach ( white sand and perfectly clear water ) about 350 metres away.

Our room ( 25 ) was large, slightly dated but clean with a nice terrace looking out over the pool towards the sea.The rooms vary, ours, for instance had no kitchen facility, which wasn't a problem but,if it matters to you, best to check.

As well as being close to the beach, Le Bouganville is quite well placed for the bars, restaurants and shops in town, being about 1.5 kilometres away along a straight, well-lit road.

My main memory, though will be the friendly people who run it. They didn't all speak great English but they were certainly better than my Italian and their smiles counted for a lot.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple