All reviews nice pool simius beach self catering sea view white sand villasimius town a great stay cagliari airport short walk kitchenette tidy accommodation flowers key beaches taxi loungers
Reviewed 27 September 2018

The estate is very good located between Simius spiaggia and town of Villasimius. There is a beautiful view from room veranda to the sea. Rooms are basic, but clean. The inhabitants should provide their catering by themselves, what for they can use a kitchen with utensils. For lunch and dinner they can use many restaurants in surrounding. We used restaurant in the hotel Altura on the way to the beach. The food there was one of the best we ever had. The beach is 300 m away from the hotel, it is wonderful with white sand and blue water. The beach is equipped with loungers and sun umbrellas. Sleeping conditions were well. We could sleep with open windows. Only a nearby night club or discotheque was relatively noisy, but only one time. Probably in summer it is noisier. It was quiet at all in the estate. Town of Villasimius is really not worth seeing, only if you want to buy something to eat or drink. And it is 1 km away from the hotel. So you can concentrate on relaxing and swimming. Anyway if you are here with a baby it is the sole target you can reach. And last but not least : you should learn some Italian not to remain hungry.Anyway Sardinia is worth visiting for its beaches and sea. And Le Bouganville Residence is highly recommended for it, if you want to spend your time swimming, quiet, among the flowers and with excellent food.

Room tip: 2 rooms apartment with sea view
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of three for a week and were overall very satisfied with the accommodation. The hotel is close to the beach and within walking distance of Villasimius town (even with a four year old). It's a great location given that there are relatively few hotels between the town and the beach. The grounds and pool were immaculate. The rooms were clean, tidy and equipped for a self catering holiday. I'm a bit puzzled by some of the other TripAdvisor reviews which seem disappointed in the lack of luxuries laid on for guests. Perhaps they didn't realise it was a SELF catering holiday. Anyway, for those of us who did, it was great! I'd definitely stay again if we returned to Villasimius.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Great location in terms of proximity to the beach but disappointed in accommodation. The resort was small which was nice but my room left a lot to be desired. From a cost perspective I was genuinely surprised with accommodations. I was there for 5 days and not once did someone come and even check if I needed toilet paper and there was no soap in bathroom. I will say the staff at the bar/restaurant was lovely, they were friendly and always accommodating.

For what I paid I truly expected better. I will go back to Sardegna but will definitely stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: August 2018
StefanoF2071, Responsabile reception at Residence Le Bouganville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Selena,
None came to see if you needed toilet paper and soap, because these amenities are not included in the equipment of the apartment you have paid. Thank you very much for your visit. We hope you may find a better solution in your next stay in Sardinia.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Seven nights, loved the place. The bar staff were particularly good, friendly and helpful.The food was fantastic. Better than anywhere we ate on our stay.
The apartment was small and basic, but the grounds are beautiful. I've read reviews that say the hotel communal bar area looks dated. No it doesn't. It's a stylish blend of timeless Mediterranean chique. I loved it. I aim to make my home look more like it because I have impeccable taste.
Pool is great, clean with plenty of loungers are shade.
It's close to both simius beach and the town. Both walking distance.we were there in mid summer, it's very hot so simius town was almost deserted during the day. No one around except crazy tourists, like me. Shops all closed, but cafes open. The place comes alive at night, a busy bustling Street market , performers, dancing.
It maybe the Italian way, mid summer is all about the night. Day is the time to swim. There's plenty of chance to do this, beaches all over the place.
By the way, there's a gelato shop in simius town that has the best ice cream in the world. Its genuinely amazing.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank DnA000
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We enjoyed a very relaxing six nights at Residence Le Bouganville. The resort is very laid back and the communal areas are beautiful. Our children loved the pool, which was never crowded. The beach is only a five minute walk and Villasimius 15 minutes. Worth having a car if you want to explore.

Date of stay: July 2018