Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna
  • Pool
Tre lune Hotel(Villasimius)
  • Restaurant
1,513 results
All reviewslobsterbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardbeach restaurantbuffet styleanimation teamevery eveningsea foodgarden viewshuttle servicetennis courtstable tennisstar hotelsoft sandhotel facilitiespastaturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stayed 2 weeks in this hotel and were more than happy, the staff is very helpful, the room was big, the food was good and a wide range of different dishes was available every day. Breakfast is also very complete.
It is very close to the beach.
Only thing to improve is to have more facilities for babies.
A special mention goes to Giulio, we were there with a baby and Giulio helped us so much with all our requests for the baby, we were like at home with him. Grazie Giulio.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Pullman Timi Am... S, General Manager at Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear guest,

We thank you for sharing your comments about your experience at the Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna.

I am extremely pleased to read that we have been able to make this experience a memorable one. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks. I will share your appreciation with our team and in particular with Giulio. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon for another great experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We have just returned from a week's stay at the Timi Ama. It was a truly wonderful, relaxing and gorgeous week. I think it's fair to say that it exceeded our expectations. I wouldn't have booked it without reading fellow TripAdvisor reviews and certainly not after looking at their group website, which is pretty shameful to be honest and doesn't do the hotel justice.

The Rooms
We had a standard garden Classic room. This was absolutely fine with everything you would need. The bed was huge (a bit hard for more liking but my husband was very happy). Welcome bottles of still and sparkling water. Lots of freebie toileteries. Just a shower but we didn't need a bath. Balcony onto the outside. Efficient (and quiet) AC. Worth noting - the TV came with a box adapter to plug in HDMI, USB cables etc to plug tablets etc into. They also give 2 free bottles of water in room and a very welcome chocolate each evening when they do the turn down service. Towels are good and replenished extremely regularly. We didn't need anything more as we really weren't in the room much - too much to enjoy outside!

Yes, this was brilliant and as good as everyone says. The buffet at breakfast and at dinner (we went half board and I would highly recommend this) was plentiful, varied and of good quality. Overall I think it was very good value. I am difficult to please (really just like plain meat and 2 veg) and I easily found things to eat. The staff were very friendly and courteous.

Hotel grounds
Overall the grounds are spacious and, although the hotel can accommodate a large number of guests I never felt overcrowded. The swimming pool is actually huge and was very, very quiet on all the days we were there. This is because most guests seemed to, like us, decamp to the beach. There are many loungers although these weren't the most comfortable as they are mesh without mattresses. The hotel overlooks the lake with flamingos and you have to walk (or get the golf buggy 'train') to take you to the beach. We are fairly active and enjoyed the walk (about 5 to 8 minutes). The hotel has an area sectioned off on the beach for the exclusive use of guests with lovely loungers under rush parasols. There were masses of loungers, we never experienced any difficulty getting one. There's a bar, plus changing cubicles and showers for washing off after going for a leisurely sea swim. Very well set up basically. Yes, the towel cards they give you are a bit of a pain (especially when you lose one and then have to go to Reception for more), but you kind of get used to it!

The beach is actually big and sandy and great for walking along. It was warm enough for swimming. On some of the days we were there it was quite windy which meant the sea was rougher but equally, we had a few days of calm where the sea was more like a crystal clear bath. Very shallow for a long way as well. Lovely to dabble and swim properly too. Children played with gleeful abandon. Families with children - there's a lifeguard at the hotel pool and at the beach.

Also worth bearing in mind that there are little stalls on the beach selling bikinis for 5 euros (I'm not joking), plus others with hats and sarongs going for a song. There's loads of Italian families and it's all extremely relaxed (even though I stood out for having the whitest skin)!!

Activities and fitness
My husband and I are fairly active and fit. The hotel does gently promote this which is great. The gym is actually one of the best we've seen in Italy and is more than just a box ticking exercise. The equipment is Technogym. There's about 4 treadmills, 2 recumbant bikes, 1 upright bike, 2 cross-trainers, a trampet, plus a selection of free weights, lat pull down bar, chest press and TRX cables. The 'walk' up to the beach also follows their 'fit trail' which allocates various outdoor fitness pieces of equipment along the way to partake in (eg, monkey bars, stretching, rope climb, ladder, ab benches etc). They offer classes incorporating all of these which normally I would have partaken in but it was just too hot (useless excuse I know) - sorry Sergio (one of the gym trainers who was also great).

In addition, the hotel offers free archery every day - special thanks here to Nichola who trained us and also was at the gym. Very friendly and great fun. There's daily activities of yoga, aerobics, aqua-aerobics and beach volley-ball all included. In fact, I was impressed by how much the hotel provides and how the 'animation' team works hard to get people involved, never having come across the type of thing before.

Entertainment and the local area
The animation team work every evening to entertain, be it with shows 3 times a week or so and there was often a band playing. The local town is Villasimius. This is very cute with lots of restaurants and 2 small supermarkets. Bear in mind that you can indeed walk here but it's about 1.4 miles there. I'm quite fit and I walked there and back very fast, having briefly stopped at the supermarket. in 54 minutes! A taxi there is actually quite expensive too. But definitely worth visiting and lots of gelaterias which make it v. worthwhile!!

Wifi is free and very good - even works around the pool!

Getting there
We arrived at the hotel by public transport and went back by taxi.
Public transport - Cagliari airport has a good information desk as you leave the baggage reclaim area. Get a map etc from them. There's a ticket machine selling train tickets to Cagliari for 1.20 euros. This machine is super slow and the long queue meant we would have missed our connecting bus so we then opted for a taxi to Cagliari - 20 euros for a short 10 minute ride. This takes you to the bus piazza. You buy a ticket in the McDonalds (it's not well signposted so look out for that)! We then took a bus to Villasimius - 4.60 each. The bus took 1 hour and 40 minutes (says it takes 1 hour 30). It's only about 35 miles but it's a very, very, very windy coastal road and is therefore super slow! The stops aren't notified on the bus so you have to watch out for Villasimius (we used our phone to track our location). Once off the bus, head slightly right up a hill, pass through the town square, keep going and you'll come to taxi rank. 10 euros to the hotel. As I said before, you can walk it but you may not want to by that point!

Taxi - 115 euros. Much easier, more time at the hotel but v. expensive! Up to you.

Would I go back? In a heartbeat! We would have liked to experience more of the surrounding area with walks and wanted to do a boat trip (the hotel can organise) but couldn't at the time. So beautiful!

Room Tip: The Classic rooms had everything we needed - we were outside most of the time!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QueenMintola
Pullman Timi Am... S, General Manager at Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing such a beautiful review after your stay with us at the Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna.

I am extremely pleased to read that we have been able to make your experience a memorable one. We make any effort to maintain the high level of service we are renowned for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will not miss to share your kind words of appreciation with my team.

We sincerely all look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This is our 4th time staying at Timi Ama. We stayed during May half term with our 2 children.

The surrounding area of natural beauty is, in my opinion, extremely beautiful. The lagoon (pink flamingo filled) sitting in front of the Mediterranean is really something to be cherished. From the hotel there is a little path that runs along side the lagoon to get to the sea. This is a wonderful walk. It's short & the scenery is incredible. There is also a buggy if req'd.

The food is exceptional. The staff are very friendly and work hard.

My only areas of improvement:

The front two rows of beach sun beds need to be paid for. I think this is a liberty since it is not cheap to stay at the hotel, these should be included. They are expensive and it unnecessary to be expected to pay for them!

The bathroom amenities are pretty basic. As are the towels and infact the bathrooms generally.

We stay in refurbished rooms which are more expensive. The older style rooms would not be for me at all, they are extremely dated and I'm surprised they are still in existence!?

Whilst the food is delicious. We found breakfast pretty basic. Infact I found it hard to eat. The buffet is so huge to navigate and can get extremely busy it's hard to eat hot food. The scrambled eggs were unpleasant, frankfurter sausages are disgusting and the only other hot food option was bacon (I'm a veggie). They could do with some grilled tomatoes and beans or mushrooms. The pastries are delicious.

Finally I don't like having to present a towel card to get a beach towel either. It's old fashioned and unnecessary. In a five star resort one of the luxuries is to have as many towels as you require. Not to have to remember a towel card! It's like gong back in time.

The tennis courts are fabulous!

Overall this hotel is a gem. The buffet is incredible in the evenings (something I didn't expect to say). The positioning wonderful and the feel magical. If they could improve on the luxury elements & update the remainder of the property, it would be near On perfect.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Piggies4
Pullman Timi Am... S, General Manager at Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience after your stay at the Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna.

Regarding the beach, the charged first two rows are offering a different comfort and additional services. I take this opportunity to remind you that the other rows are provided with quality beds in sufficient quantity and without any supplement.
We are sorry to learn that the room felt short of your expectations. I take this opportunity to inform you that we have started a massive restructuring plan for the rooms (currently, with 90 renovated rooms). I really hope I’ll have the chance to accommodate you in one of our newly renovated rooms on the occasion of a future stay.
We thank you for your positive comments regarding our food offer. However, we are surprised to know that our buffet felt short of your expectations. We propose more than 240 products (with dietetic, vegetarian or gluten free products) and every morning, you can enjoy our surprise breakfast corner with the day’s specialty.
We took notice of your comment regarding our eggs. I’d like to remind that we propose a show cooking buffet, in this way, our chefs are always available to respond at every particular request from our guests. However, we will not miss to share your comments with our chef and food and beverage manager.
Regarding the towel card, we propose one service at the beach and one at the pool to bring your towel. On request, our staff is at your disposal to give you another towel if you need. Moreover, taking part to the sustainable program Planet 21 of AccorHotels, we put in place actions for energy and water saving trying to make our guests aware of our commitment in terms of sustainability.
We thank you for your comments, they are very important to improve our services and to respond to your expectations.

However, I am extremely pleased to read that we have been able to make this experience a memorable one. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks. I will share your appreciation with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another experience at the Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Travelling with a toddler is always going to be challenge, but I don't think you need to sacrifice awesome holidays when toddlers will be happy simply spending time with family. With that being said we wanted somewhere that would cater for our needs to spend time in a place with amazing scenary, but also that has something for our little boy to do. This hotel caters for both. Its situated on a gorgeous lake with a beautiful beach a 10 minute walk away (although there is also a golf buggy that can take you to the beach if necessary).

The beach was probably the best beach we had been to, very clean, crystal clear waters, and due to our dates was relatively quiet.

The hotel itself was great, the room was incredibly spacious, which allowed us to put the little one to sleep in his cot, whilst not being cooped up and having to turn out all of the lights. The hotel is very luxurious, and the quality of the food was amazing. Considering it was off season when we visited, the choice of food was simply amazing. In the main restaurant there would be a different theme every night, with various fish and meats to choose from, along with the copious amounts of different pasta's, freshly cooked.

The staff there were all great, incredibly friendly not only with us but our little boy too and made us feel very welcome.

The only downside was that the pool isn't really feared for children, i.e. there isn't really a shallow are for them to play in, but considering the beach isn't too far away we didn't see this as being too much of an issue.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and Sardinia in general. I would, however, suggest that you hire a car to see outside of the resort, as the landscape in sardinia is amazing, with lots of very private beaches that you can simply pull over and go to.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Pullman Timi Am... S, General Manager at Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Guest,

It is a real pleasure to read your comment. We will not miss to share it with our team. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our staff who works day after day to offer an impeccable service. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery we are renowned for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.
Once again, thank you for sharing your satisfaction after your stay at the Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon for another great experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We was't stay in Pullman, but was enjoy quad excursion with Andrea. He was very good instructor. We was going in very nice places around Notteri and Villasimius, and and of excursion stay on the nice beach for swim. Highly recommend this excursion!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your quad excursion.

It is a pleasure to read your comments. We will not miss to share them with Andrea.
Your satisfaction is the best reward for the staff who works day after day to offer an impeccable service.