See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I stayed four nights in Alessi Hotel. As I have a handicap I had ordered a singel-room close to the lift and with no stairs in the corridor. So i got the room farthest from the lift and with 2 stairs in the corridor. The room was very smal and dark, but had two beds. The bathroom was extremly small. I asked for the one bed to be taken out, so there would be room to stand on the floor. First I was told of, but after two nights it was taken out. The lamp on the table was broken, and I asked that it should be changed, but it was "mended" with office tape!
There is no lounge at all and the "reception" ist on the forst floor.
The food in the restaurant for residents was rather dull, but acceptable. As resident you are not allowed to sit at the outside tables. The noise from the outside restaurant can disturbe at night.
Positive is that you live in the middle of the Old City
Positive is theat the WiFi mostly works.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Spent a week here in July and I really couldn't fault anything about Hotel Alessi. Bruno was so lovely to deal with, we had the famous Room 414 on the top with beautiful views and a large terrace with sunbeds (abit beaten up but once you've got the cushions/pillows on them, they're fine!) There's a sign in the hallway for directions to the terrace so I'm not actually sure if it's for all guests as the bedroom leads right onto it so not alot of privacy if that's the case but we were lucky to have it to ourselves every day except for our 1st day when another couple were there for a little while. Very comfy bed, good shower (once you've managed to work it without soaking the entire bathroom!) and a very welcome fridge.
Location is perfect, just off the main square. Ate in the restaurant one night and this was lovely but you would need to book if you are eating outside as it was always so busy.
Excellent breakfast, not just your standard continental.
Desanzano is ideal for getting to other towns and is about 15 mins walk from the train station. There's a regular ferry service which takes you to the other parts of the lake and Sermione was only 15 mins away and absolutely lovely. We also went to Venice for the day by train but booked our tickets at home on line beforehand as the queues were long and slow.
Would highly recommend Hotel Alessi as it really does tick all the boxes.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

I was taken away on a surprise trip for my 50 th the hotel was found easily enough the staff where friendly and helpful the hotel has a lift and I'd clean and comfortable there is also a couple of restaurants attached to this hotel the breakfast was plentiful and good the hotel is only a short walk from the harbour where you can take boat trips up from the hotel is the castle over looking the bay plus there is a Irish bar ! Recommend

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Wow,wow, wow wow, rooftops,garda,sirmone and mountains. All this and Bruno and a wonderful staff. You know things are going to be alright when you have spoken witb Bruno. Our room up on the top, with a terrace that was for our use. well with that view anything else is unauthorized forgiven. The promise of our 4 star in Verona which failed to deliver was forgottenon arrival and greeted by Luigi,i think. So a great start, a personal call from Bruno later capped our transition from grumpy Leon d,'oro to welcome! Thanks Alessi . Our first Lake holiday and already thinking of the next one. Collectively my best overseas food , wherever we went, Alessi or beach front,snack, meal we were happy. beer a rad dear and with a bottle on the terrace not much inclination to drink out. the lake,its big,its inviting and it entertains ,in or on. So a wow arrival, and a wow stay really sorry to leave Thanks Bruno and staff x

Room tip: Room ,414, the terrace made my holiday,everything else trivial.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights having booked a premium room with large room and jacuzzi. Whilst the room was very large and comfortable, the bathroom was very small. We also suffered from noise from late night revellers into the early hours. Breakfast was somewhat limited. However the location is very good in the centre of town and close to the lake.

Date of stay: May 2016