The Village Guest House(Henley on Klip)
Ducks Country House(Henley on Klip)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2016

The Tree of Idleness was my home away from home, in a tranquil setting, I relaxed into the natural feel of the venue without a worry in the world - all possible thanks to the helpful owner and both quintessential surrounds and amenities. A special thanks, considering my specific requests which were handled flawlessly.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank nathannisbet
Reviewed 9 June 2015

I was very concerned about my stay at this B&B considering my needs included being complicated by organising a party of 6 diverse people, specifically considering the previous mixed reviews.
I was VERY pleasantly surprised at how the owner run facility went out their way to accommodate my needs. The rustic country style and old fashioned hospitality oozed from every interaction from the classical furnishings to the homemade catering. The owner even arranged secondary accommodation when our stay needed to be extended.
If you are looking for Holiday Inn style bland accommodation then look elsewhere, if you are looking for charm, beauty, tranquillity and old fashioned hospitality, or less just wanting to be left alone in this beautiful village then The Tree of Idleness is STRONGLY recommended.
Thank you Denise for a lovely stay. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms/services from a quiet back room with self catering, to a budget honeymoon suite and small conference area for business
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank gettothefarm
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Nothing like advertised in their brochure - it's a ramshackle dump, old, rundown, dirty & smells of old furniture & incense everywhere. The staff have no idea of guest relations - a helper/cleaner was scouring her heels right at the porch entrance to the rooms - eeeuuuww!!! Charging R580 per couple per night & then I was given the 'early bird' special of R500 - payment to be made in full beforehand - I should have listened to the alarm bells screaming in my head! Seriously not worth even R200/night. Damn that I didn't take photos! Let's see if I can reverse the payment I made...

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Lynne W
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Tree of Idleness gave me back my Soul. I escaped to this little piece of Heaven here during the Break-up of my Marriage. I found Peace, Solace, Whispering Trees, Birdsong and Care in this Green Paradise at extremely Low Rates.
The Owner, a charming loving Hostess, stayed out of my face giving me the peace of feeling That I was Living in My Own Home!
THANK-YOU THE TREE OF IDLENESS GUEST HOUSE
I LOVE YOU AND DEE TOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Will never recommend it !!! These people are scammers !they have NO idea what is cleanliness. The food is shocking. Room service is appaling. Security non existent !!the staff is not qualified and very unfriendly. The owner is never around and ignore complaints!!

• Stayed: January 2013