“Great food and environment ”

Montagues Family Restaurant
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Montagues with a group of colleagues for a quick dinner between sessions while on conference. We sat outside and the environment was beautiful and relaxing. The foidvwas also really good although it took a while to come, causing unnecessary stress. Would I visit them again? Yes, but only if I had lots of time.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I am sorry to say just very very disappointing have supported this restaurant for at least 8 years The new management has created (since Jan 2017) a place which I will not return to.... twice this year out of 2 returns The food is substandard and at the price..... its a ripoff..
My steak 300gm medium was 200gm and we'll done the pizza was not fresh and looked bought from pick n pay a week ago and to top it all had no taste....probably direct from the deep freeze

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Great Family restaurant catering for Adults and Children alike, if you want away from the play ground inside is great for the adults.
Good food, great waiters and a stunning friendly atmosphere.
Lovely outside area for children to play and enjoy the sun or cover up under shaded settings.
Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Fleetsw
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My son and I went to Montague’s on Friday 08 June 2016 specifically to watch F1 GP Practice. The Tour de France was on the TV and there was only four other people in the pub (on a Friday at three o’clock in the afternoon?) with not a single person in the restaurant. I asked the other customers if I could watch the F1 Practice as nobody was looking at the screen. All four actually wanted to watch the motor racing. About three quarters of the way through the Formula One two people left leaving only two others at the bar, plus my son and I. Someone then started playing Hip Hop music on the jukebox behind us. Eventually the volume for the juke box was very loud and the motor racing volume was turned down completely (off) whilst we were watching. I asked the barman (I think his name was Lou) what was happening and he said that a customer was playing music on the jukebox and because of the setup for the sound of the TV and the jukebox it was impossible to turn up both volumes at the same time. There were only two other people in the pub and not a single person in the restaurant at this time (now four thirty in the afternoon). As the two other customers looked very unlikely Hip Hop fans I asked them if they were playing the music, to which they both answered that they could not stand that type of music. I asked the barman which customer was playing the music but he obviously refused to say. It was blatantly obvious at this stage that the staff were playing the music on the jukebox. After a much heated argument with the barman who still refused point blank to turn the Hip Hop music down, my son and I left for a pub a few hundred metres down the road. Which by the way was absolutely packed. Solely due to the attitude of the staff we will not be going back to Montague’s unless things change.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

We are so glad we found this little gem! Wonderful food and a lovely family friendly atmosphere! We sat under a nice cool gazebo and let the kids play on the jungle gym at the end of the garden.The food was reasonably priced and tasted good too.