“Fishing in the wrong pond”
Review of Le Carrelet

Le Carrelet
Ranked #9 of 109 Restaurants in Blagnac
Price range: US$21 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I went here a few months ago on a work related lunch. Now I have to be in the mood eat fish/seafood and sometimes do so but as I had not booked that restaurant I didn't know it was predominantly a fish one until I got there.I was able to chose a non fish starter which was reasonable but when I asked for the only meat main course and the waitress asked how I wanted it cooked I replied "Bien Cuit" (well done) as that is how I like my meat but I was told tersely that "This is not possible" and had to settle for "à point" (medium rare) which I did not enjoy, and the wine was overpriced IMO and cost what i would have expected to pay in a restaurant in Place de Capitole in the centre of Toulouse and not in the suburbs.

To be fair the place was very busy indeed and it was the run up to Xmas with what appeared to be business customers having lunch and to be fair I suppose I should really visit there again on a less busy time of the day and year. but have been put off by an unfavourable first impression.

This Restaurant would probably suit those business types who like to continue discussing work related issues over the table, a practice I deplore, but not for a couple or some friends wanting a quiet relaxed meal.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I went to this restaurant based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was not as good as I was expecting, certainly nothing wrong with it but it did not stand out as any better than seafood I've had at most other restaurants. The wait staff was very nice.

I would still recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Great seafood with the delicious sauce. There was a desert menu you can have such as small cake and pannacotta. The price is reasonable and satisfied with the menu. The chef was also very friendly.

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Amazing wonderful place!very tasty dinner!I enjoyed and I like it too much with very special plates!I will try it again for sure!

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

The service was gracious, attentive and the food was excellent. The owners are very friendly and give great advice about the dishes. You are made to feel incredibly special. I tried "Dos de lieu". Presentation is fantastic and the taste is very delicious. We booked a table again for the upcoming weekend.

3  Thank DuyguUzel