Lowest prices for your stay
US$98
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
eDreamsUS$98
PricelineUS$98
Agoda.comUS$98
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2019 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here end of Sept 2019. It was a very enjoyable stay. The Hotel was spotless and the owner helpful. The breakfast was the usual ham, cheese etc. But this cost €14 a little eccessive for what was on the menu. Especially when you can go to the port and have a lovely fresh breakfast for €6.50! Quite a difference.
There is no lift in this property and we were on the top floor. A bit of a climb especially if you have been doing sightseeing all day and you can do without the climb.
However,I would say the owner is very helpful and will help with carrying suitcases.
Yes, I would stay here again but hopefully there would be a lift installed by then.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2019

I had the pleasure of checking into the Provencal Bandol Hotel for a two night stay........I wish I could have stayed a few nights longer.

Within the 3 star hotel class, the hotel gets top rating for cleanliness, service , breakfast , location and comfort.

Having arrived much earlier than expected in Bandol I dropped off my two suitcases at the hotel ......one of which weighed 30Kgms. .... I’m not a clothes horse but I do travel for 6-8 weeks at a time. I then headed for the nearby beach.

When I returned to Hotel Provencal to check in I was greeted by the owner who I was happy to find spoke English. The first thing he did was to escort me outside and pointed across the street to a car parking lot with a gate. He proceeded to open the gate so I could park my car. I can’t tell you how big a bonus it was to have a place to park my car so close to the hotel. Not surprisingly, the streets near the hotel were very narrow with little or no street parking. The public parking areas also get filled up very early and are a good 15 min walk from the hotel.

After parking my car the owner proceeded to take me to my room. He brought out my small suitcase...when I asked him where the larger one was he told me that he had taken it up to my room already. I was shocked and slightly embarrassed knowing how heavy it was. One should also note that there is no elevator at the hotel.

Upon entering the hotel I found everything that I could need. Yes....my room was a bit compact... I think I booked the least expensive room..so that’s no surprise. One person could easily feel comfortable in the space , for two people it might be a bit tight....but then, just book a slightly larger room.

The room was spotless and looked recently renovated. The bed was firm and very comfortable, the linens great, and best of all we’re the huge pillows. The AC worked very well and the bathroom was perfect...great over the sink lighting, a good shower with strong pressure and nice hot water. I should note that my room did not face the street and was on the 2nd floor and was very quiet.

There was both comfortable indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast which was self serve , good quality food in a quiet setting.

Their was a nice lounge area on the main floor which had comfortable seating to watch TV.

Are there any areas for improvement....yes, but minor. The Internet seemed to be rather slow in my room.. but I was finding this a problem in a number of smaller hotels. I would also suggest that the next renovation project be the stairwell... the carpeting needs to be replaced... and the hall painted. The stairwell distracts from how lovely the rest of the hotel is.

You will not find a better location for a Bandol Hotel...,steps away from a beautiful beach and all the town restaurants and activity iare only a 5-10 min walk away.

Last but not least the price point for Hotel Provencal was spot on. A 3 star hotel offering very good value.

2  Thank SwissPinkPanther
Reviewed 17 September 2019

We came to Bandol for a "destination wedding" of friends. We were so lucky to pick this hotel. It is truly gorgeous, with an amazing view. I can truly say it was the loveliest place we have ever stayed. The room was a comfortable size and had all of the technology you could want (including a very effective and quiet air conditioner and a push-button external screen to cut the sun's heat when needed). The bathroom was all white marble and glass. But the best part was the staff - I do not speak any French, unfortunately, and the staff could speak English. They provided a wonderful breakfast in a lovely courtyard. They helped with all of our needs. A really wonderful experience!

Room tip: I think all views would be good. The location is wonderful.
Reviewed 5 August 2019

Have just returned home after spending a very pleasant two nights at this hotel.
My trip was a last minute decision to surprise my family who are staying at another hotel about 5 minutes walk further along the promontary. I arrived at 2pm and was pleased to find that my room was ready even though check-in time was 3pm. The gentleman at the front desk carried my case up to my room for me, I was glad as it was very hot and I was up about 40 stairs. Another reviewer mentioned a lift but I did not see this.
I had a car with me and was given a space in their underground car park and a remote control to get into the garage.This costs 9 Euros per day which is very reasonable. As mentioned in other posts the spaces were incredibly tight. My hire car was an Opel Corsa and it took me quite a while to get into the space so I could also get out of it!
My room was a single room with a small terrace, number 29. It was very clean, well decorated and had every amenity that I required.Lovely little bathroom too - no bath but a great shower.
I didn't have breakfast here as I joined my family at their hotel so I can't comment on that. There is a Carrefour Express mini-supermarket just down the road. The start of the promenade with all the restaurants and shops is about 5 minutes walk. The beach is about the same although down quite a few steps. Every staff member I met at the hotel said Good Morning to me when I saw them and was very friendly and helpful.
So in general, I had a lovely stay and will hopefully return again

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Awayyego
Reviewed 7 June 2019

Exceptionally clean family run style hotel that is only 10 minutes stroll from the centre of town. Room was a good size and overlooking a rear garden. There is a lovely relaxed feel to this establishment. Ample car parking available just across the road accessed with security barrier and not expensive for overnight. A very good selection at breakfast that I enjoyed out on the rear garden terrace area. I thought exceptionally good value overall and I will stay again on my next Bandol trip.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank paul_mcdowell
Fabien V, Gérant at Hotel Provencal Bandol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

Thank you very much, and looking forward to seeing you again.
Fabien