See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I can't even begin to explain how terrible our experience with this "restaurant" was. I have come on a short holiday with my Father, as English people we try our hardest to communicate in french when in France, however most of the time we find it hard but we still try. The staff at this restaurant pretended they didn't speak or understand any English until we explained why we weren't happy with our food and at that point they spoke fluent English! My whole meal was cold and inedible and my father was served pork chop instead of veal!!! The service was poor, the waitress brought us tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and English mustard to our table without us asking for it which no one else had, this was clearly her trying to insult English people. We came to France to enjoy some good food and good wine but have been served awful food and average wine with terrible service from staff.
I won't go on to mention how the owner of the restaurant followed us out and proceeded to push and shove a 28 year old woman and grab her handbag!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We had a lovely dinner at a quite reasonable price, overlooking the beach and the beautiful sunset colours. Service is done with a friendly smile but a bit slow. It is definitevely a family oriented restaurant and hotel with a lot of young children running around.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I was actually amazed when I called for a reservation for the end of July and was told it was possible. Based on the reviews here I really expected to hear "complet". I now know why. We were given room number one. Small but comfortable with an enormous terrace which looked so inviting with lovely outdoor furniture which was all totally a waste of time. We were just above the kitchen and the odors emanating out of it were unbearable. No problem, well just take our towels and pay for a transat on the beach. Disappointment again. For a hotel which states Pieds dans L'eau I would have at least imagined it was possible to sit on the beach. We made ourselves comfortable on their terrace and we were just beginning to enjoy the sun when it disappeared due to all the surrounding trees which are lovely if you want shade.

Dinner - I cannot understand the reviews on the site!!! Having been in the restaurant business for many years, in the south of France, I can assure you that all that came out of the kitchen were frozen industrial dishes - not to be recommended. The chef(?) did not even attempt to disguise this. The quality of the fresh produce in the salad Nicose I had was tasteless. The daurade was overcooked, smelt and swimming in oil. We passed on the desserts but what I saw pass by our table were desserts piled high with chantilly.

The majority of the waiters were pleasant apart from one waitress who was obviously unable to cope with the rush. People who arrived after us were served long before us and after an hour (yes, one hour) of waiting, the waitress was downright rude when we asked if we had perhaps been forgotten.

The breakfast is more in line with a highway hotel. there is no choice and the best I can say is their orange juice was freshly squeezed.

Front staff were very pleasant.

We never ate their again. We did visit their competition and I can highly recommend the restUrant a little further up and on the beAch which has a small but good menu with fresh products. Granted it is a little more expensive but definitely worth it.

Hotel de la Plage continues to get rave reviews for their restaurant so people will continue to frequent the establishment and they will continue to serve dishes which certainly did not please our palate.

Avoid room number one!

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 27 October 2015

My wife and I came here in September 2015 to spend the last two days of our holiday by the sea. The Hotel de la Plage was clean, comfortable and well run, and an ideal base for a beach holiday. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing at 80 km/h and neither swimming nor sunbathing was a realistic option for us, although watching the windsurfers and kite surfers did provide vicarious thrills. There are plenty of places to visit, though, such as the beautiful but touristified hill town of Bormes-les-Mimosas and the fascinating botanical gardens at the Domaine du Rayol, only ten minutes away. The food in the hotel restaurant, which is outdoors in summer but indoors and upstairs when the weather changes, is extremely good, with a daily changing special menu that reflects an inventive and capable kitchen team. We enjoyed the simple but filling breakfast served in our bedroom and eaten on the balcony. We would probably have enjoyed the beach and the outside bar too if the weather had been better.

We would certainly stay here again, but preferably in kinder weather.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mysterymole
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

At the end of a 21 day trip through southern France this was a refreshing oasis before our 29 hour flight home. The staff were extremely helpful and accomodating. Rooms spotless, and the sun lounges under the pine trees over looking the beach were. Although parking maybe a problem in peek season we managed to snap a spot outside the front door and then in the hotel car park later on.
Breakfast was more than adequate with croissants, pane chocolate, baguette, yoghurt, fresh orange juice, coffee. (Wow thats more than our normal breakfast).
We would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple