“Phenomenal food”

Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Samoens
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Menu changes to suit ingredients. Wine is always perfect accompaniment. Service is excellent. Fantastic family run restaurant.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Was hoping to enjoy a good lunch here as the chalet we were staying in in Sameons recommended it as a good place to eat.I booked a table and arrived to be greeted by the owner who appeared vexed that I had not confirmed my booking. We were offered a table right on the edge of the restaurant almost in the main square. There were several other tables free but Madame did not appear willing to offer us one. My husband wasnt happy with the table or the owners attitude and we decided that we would make a polite excuse and leave. It would have been easy to just walk away at this juncture but mindful of my manners and not even having sat down we awaited the return of Madame and just explained that we had had a change of heart and would perhaps return another time. Quick as a flash she retorted we would probably do better with french fries and anyway her food was too good for us.The level of arrogance displayed here was amazing and whilst we were very casually dressed the venue was clearly a bistro and hardly fine dining. For the record I have over 2,000 hours training in haute cuisine and a look at my trip advisor profile confirms I have eaten in many Michelin starred restaurants. The truth is Madame your food and service were not good enough for us but we had the manners and common decency not to insult you.

5  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed 27 August 2017

It's not just the food that makes this a special place, it's the warmth and care that Angelique, the co-owner with her chef/husband, put into making your dining experience such a warm and memorable experience. From my first email to her to make a reservation she went out of her way to make sure our visit to her restaurant would be the best - and it was. She even remembered I'm allergic to mussels letting me know they were not on the menu that evening! All of the starters were great but the cheese in puff pastry, one of their signatures, was definitely the star. My veal dinner was delicious as were the beef and fish dishes my family had. We didn't do dessert only because we were full, but I wouldn't hesitate given the quality of everything else we had. The menu changes seasonally, if not more often, while they keep signature items on the menu so patrons won't be disappointed. We were there on a beautiful night and sat outside right in the centre of town watching all of the people, families, kids, dogs enjoying the night! You may even be lucky enough to see Angelique's dog ride home on their son's bicycle handlebars. Merci bien Angelique!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We found this place as we looked for a Gluten Free options.
It's a small place managed by the Chef and his wife.
The food was superb.
They knew what we can eat and what not. They did some small changes for us.
Don't forget to reserve a place.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This might not be the biggest restaurant in the world but it sure is good. We ignored the warnings , didnt book and got lucky as they had a table free outside. The owner was really friendly and ran us through the menu in English and we soon settled in to a really nice baked soft cheese. For mains my wife had a lovely vegetarian thai noodles whilst i tucked into a lovely piece of beef. We finished off with a couple of lovely desserts. This is a must visit place in samoens