Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$62
Hotels.comUS$53
Booking.comUS$62
TravelocityUS$53
eDreamsUS$62
CheapTicketsUS$53
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2016

My wife and I are Peace Corps volunteers in Chinandega. Whenever family or friends come to visit we put them up at Los Balcones and they are always pleased. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with good AC units and WiFi. There is a pretty, central courtyard where breakfast is served. The whole hotel is decorated with colorful Nicaraguan art. The owners also operate KFe next door, a good coffee shop that serves expresso drinks, juices, smoothies, and light meals. This is a very well run establishment, centrally located, and hard to beat if you are spending time in Chinandega.

Room tip: All rooms have access to the front balcony overlooking the street, but the ones on the balcony get more noise from the street.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JohnKotula
lgurdian, Propietario at Hotel Los Balcones de Chinandega, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Thank you for your comment. It truly is the most valuable to our business and the best advertising.

Luciana Gurdian

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I just came back from my second trip to Nicaragua, and my second stay at Los Balcones. The staff greeted me as if I were a returning friend, and everything is still as nice as it was last year. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good, coffee is good, and coffee in the cafe next door is excellent. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. Dozens of places to eat within easy walking distance. (Or take a triciclo!) Can't wait to go again, and definitely will stay here!

Room tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
lgurdian, Gerente at Hotel Los Balcones de Chinandega, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

thank you very much for staying with us is a pleasure to serve you.

Sincerely

Luciana Gurdian

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

The location is absolutely Great.
Located in the heart of Chinandega.
Lots of places to go around.
Very very clean Hotel.
Very quiet.
24 hour service with a very competitive staff, just ask they will help you with anything you need.
Breakfast is good.
Wifi is Ok..
I absolutely recommend this Hotel...

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is the two level central covered courtyard with natural ventilation which is decorated with attractive modern art and lush plants . Here breakfast is served or you can sit on sofas rocking chairs or at tables. Wifi is good on the rooms and courtyard.

The rooms are functional , sparsely furnished , with effective air con and comfy beds, though the lighting in ours was gloomy. Choose between a first floor room facing the road ( noisy til 9 pm but not overnight) or a courtyard room with less access to fresh air. The low water pressure affects the showers.

The receptionist speaks some English and makes helpful recommendations about places to eat supermarkets etc all close by.

There is a locked courtyard at the back of the hotel with limited free Parking spaces for guests .

Breakfast comprises fresh fruit, a glass of fruit juice and a breakfast choice cooked to order, such as 2 slices of French toast, plus tee/coffee.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion, it really is the best gift for our staff.

We hope your visit again

Lucina Gurdian

Reviewed 23 August 2015

I've probably stayed here 15 times or so while in Chinandega. The place is convenient and I knew the location. The last few times I went the internet not was not working well(important to me). They also used to always allow me a late checkout, not much but 30-45 minutes. The last time I was there they wanted $20 to checkout thirty minutes late. Since then I found new places to stay in Chindenga that are much better.

Date of stay: May 2015