All reviews ionian sea hot weather summer months great food warm sea few days entertainment calabria garden wedding management past dining
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We have enjoyed wonderful stays at this lovely hotel during the summer months over the past few years. As dining is very important to us we have never been disappointed. The food and service have been excellent. Another key consideration is the cleanliness of the property and here again, the property and rooms are very clean. The property grounds are well kept and simply beautiful.
The hotel is within walking distance to a stunning beach with a great set up. The pool is also lovely and well kept. As for the staff and management, they are so friendly and accommodating.
A big thank-you to the hotel owners, management and staff for another amazing vacation this past August.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
grandhotelpresident, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel President, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing our Resort for your vacations and for sharing such wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the hotel, the food, the cleaning and our professional Staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I went to the Grand Hotel President for a week holiday with my family...and also to get married. It was the right choice and everything was beyond my expectations. The location is amazing, very nice beach and clean and warm sea. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they could not be nicer. One of the best restaurants in Calabria. It was a wonderful stay and I would definitely recommend this place for a family holiday, for a romantic stay, for a business conference or for any other reasons. It is a lovely place where you will get back again...and again...as I will do! Thanks all for making my special day so perfect. My wedding in the garden of the hotel was a dream!

Room Tip: Rooms are nice, spacious, bright with a nice view. Breakfast is delicious and generous.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
grandhotelpresident, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel President, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Margherita,
Thank you for recommending our Resort and for sharing with other travelers your kind opinion about our services.
We are glad that your special day has been a unique experience and that you enjoyed your time with us. We're especially pleased that you appreciated the location, the restaurant and the professional staff.
It would be a real pleasure to host you again in future. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

July has been hot so far. The Ionian Sea has not let me down. Warm, a few days as flat as a plate, and I can still float without doing anything. Great way to relax- floating on the sea. Open your eyes once in a while as the wind can push you out to sea.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
grandhotelpresident, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel President, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Lorne,
thank you for choosing us for your stay in Calabria and for sharing your experience with other travelers.
We are very happy to know that everything was to your liking and you enjoyed your stay.
It would be a pleasure to host you again in future.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Well established older destination resort hotel. Just across the street from the Ionian Sea. At night you can hear the waves. Helped me to sleep deeply.

There's a new pathway, half finished which seems normal here, so you can walk along the beach to town in about 15 minutes. And it's safe without issues from my experience.

Family owned and operated place, very friendly and hospitable. Affordable, relaxing stay with lots of trekking, sightseeing, and of course eating and drinking.

Winter was cool for the residents at around 10 to 18c. For me it was just what I needed to be able to do all the outdoor sports activities without frying up in the heat.

I will return for some summer fun.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
grandhotelpresident, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel President, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Lorne,
Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your experience with the community.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the surrounding area, our professional Staff and our food.
We really look forward to welcoming you again to our property on summertime. Kind regards.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Our trip was planned initially for just my my wife and I but just a few days before our departure, we added my wife's eleven year old nephew. The hotel kindly changed our room to accommodate with a reasonable extra-price. The room was spacious, well laid out with efficient air conditioning. Great food, wonderfully organized beach/garden entertainment for the little fellow and also us adults by an Animation group called Allegria Tribu' which was headed by a young lady called Luisa Sappia who had more energy and goodwill than I have honestly ever seen . She and her team made the holiday :-)

Room Tip: The wi-fi didn't work but hey, who cares. I stopped checking mail on the third day as I was too busy enjoying the relax.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
grandhotelpresident, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel President, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing our Resort for your vacations and for sharing such wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our professional Staff and our food.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay. Kind regards.