“Wonderful for a sunset dinner or app!”
Review of Over the Edge

Over the Edge
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Had a great cocktail and two appetizers there on April 24, 2017. The peel and eat shrimp was wonderful. Lots of great spices. The view of Old Man Bay as the sun sets alone is worth the stop off. We also shared the Coconut Shrimp - it was simply the best coconut shrimp I'd ever had.

Staff was absolutely wonderful and very attentive. Planning to stop by there again before our week in Cayman comes to a close. If you seek a great dining experience in a beautiful setting this is it.

Service was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch after touring the Crystal Caverns based on a strong recommendation from the Cavern staff. The food was below average...fries were overcooked, the fish sandwich had a small filet, and my friend didn't really care for his steak sandwich. The service was poor...staff seemed a little annoyed that we were there, the drink refills were sparse, and our waitress disappeared. The hostess ended up getting us our checks and I still had to get up and go to the hostess stand to pay. Very slow and not a good experience. Won't go back.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I guess its okay if you like a crabby old lady that is not happy to see you or seat you. It was not right before closing either in case you are wondering. Just overall the staff were unfriendly and not appreciative that we came in at all. Food was nothing to write home about at all. Pretty sure I could have made something tastier myself at home. I did hear that they serve a great breakfast menu but I would be hard pressed to want to go back for anything at all.

1  Thank tamarajoh
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I loved the deck seating on the water. Who wants to be inside when you are on an island vacation? Watched the sunset enjoying great food.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We tried many places during our visit to Grand Cayman, and this one ranks as our TOP favorite! We explored multiple food options here, and never were disappointed. Every food item - right down to the mixed veggies - was prepared to perfection and amazingly flavorful. It's real food, fresh seafood, prepared from scratch. (We love this.) Additionally - it was the perfect start to our vacation because I learned that they know all about gluten, and which items are safe to eat or can be made that way. We loved the food. We loved the views of the ocean. We loved the service too! The wait staff were all extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The young gal who helped us during each visit was so gracious about my gluten free needs and top-notch in every way. One young man also provides some lively & inspiring entertainment for his tables (and those around them - lucky us!) This also happened to be one of the less costly eateries that we had tried on the island - and was genuinely worth every dollar spent. Truly a gem of a restaurant.