“A little gem”

Price range: US$35 - US$82
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My partner booked this restaurant for Dinner Saturday evening, he has wanted to go there for years. We received a warm welcome. The house cocktail is amazing. The atmosphere is lovely, not too relaxed or stuffy. The food was fantastic. We were both very impressed that chef came out at the end of service and spoke with each table. Service was friendly and efficient. We will certainly be going back.

As an aside the artist who's work is on the walls is very talented. Just wish I could track them down. I would love to buy some of his work for home.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Delicious food but the service is seriously lacking. Not only did they not present any of the food they brought but they also couldn't spare the time to explain us the menu since we did not speak French. This lead to an issue where the waiter failed to mention that some menu dishes were not available as part of the menu during weekends, which lead to a much more expensive lunch than we thought, in spite of specifically ordering the menu. Instead of fixing this the waitress simply said "it's not my fault, my colleague messed up". Well, if you're going to present yourself as a michelin star restaurant you will be expected to provide a better service.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I have been there with my wife on the way to Paris.
We were just looking for a place to eat and we found this restaurant on the way by chance. And WOW!
From outside, it doesn't look anything but normal small restaurant.
One step inside and BAMMM, you start your best dream ever. Super cosy and charming typical french gastronomic restaurant exactly like in a caricatural movie.
The atmosphere is unique, perfect, excellent...
The waiters are the best in the world and I am wondering what are they doing over there in a so remote village?
The food is the best I ever eat in my life. The cook even come to see each customer and ask them if everything was ok.

This restaurant is the perfect restaurant.

1  Thank elPatagon
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

The food was excellent apart from the meat that I had which was really overcooked and dry.

Some of the waiters appeared to be very rushed and not very customer oriented or friendly. Maybe this is how they deal with foreigners?

Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

We entered this restaurant with high expectations as it possesses a Michelin star. We were not disappointed by the food, although service left something to be desired.

One can get 4 courses for about 45 EUR or 5 for about 55 EUR (I.e. Both a meat and a fish main course). My mussels were delicious and cooked in an interesting sauce. They were followed by a sort of hotpot of local fishes, cooked in a refined way. After the ubiquitous cheese plate, pudding was an individual apple tart baked with very light crispy pastry.

From the descriptions I have given of the dishes, they sound humble enough, but they were in fact done to a high level of confection in accordance with what is expected in a gastronomic restaurant.

However, the service was somewhat brusque and at times almost verging on rudeness. Our white wine was opened but left unpoured for an unacceptable length of time, but when I finally began to pour it myself the waiter came up and grabbed the bottle from my hands. The manner of another waiter was also uncharming and a little condescending. And neither can the staff's behaviour be explained by a lack of linguistic competence on our part - of our party, one speaks fluent French, another speaks French well enough to work at a Paris law firm, and I speak fairly competently, having been visiting France for 20 years. There was just no excuse.

None the less, it was wonderful cooking and the service, though charmless, wasn't actually overtly rude, so the occasion was joyous and not spoiled.

1  Thank Max A