This hotel has been severely criticised on TripAdvisor because of noise, poor service, no air conditioning and poor quality restaurant.
I couldn’t disagree more.
• Air conditioning, well, despite its fancy façade it is really an old fashioned hotel and to install air conditioning would be impossible and not worth it.
• Noise? Well it has roller blinds and double glazed windows so no traffic noise if shut. Even if open (which I had) I could still sleep well. You have a choice if you want something different and not close to a main road.
• Staff. So friendly happy and helpful
• Dinner. One of the best I have had in Germany for the price. First course was salmon tartare that was a mix of smoked and fresh salmon. Then the duck breast was one of the best I have ever tasted.
• Wines not a huge selection by the glass, but very carefully selected and both the white and rosé were superb.
• Waitress. An absolute delight (fröhlich).
One warning. They do not have a lift. But there are only 2 floors.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Art Hotel Pfeffermuhle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.