US$83
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$99
  • Free Internet
Weinhaus Weiler(Oberwesel)
US$90
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$80
Hotel Romerkrug(Oberwesel)
US$115
Priceline
  • Room Service
Hotel Augustin's(Oberwesel)
  • Beachfront
All reviewscourse dinnerfairy talerhine riverwooden bridgeunique experienceyour luggageauf schoenburgwine tournooks and cranniessmall balconyonce in a lifetimehotel experiencefour poster beddecanter of sherrygolf cartmodern amenitiesgourmet dinner
Reviewed 12 October 2017

What a treat to stay in a castle. We stayed for 1 night after a day trip to Mainz and it was unbelievable!! I would love to come back and stay longer. We stayed in Room 29, which has a large balcony with excellent views. Upon our arrival, our room had complementary fresh fruit and a decanter with sherry. Dinner and breakfast were delightful! If you are staying one night and want to enjoy the views, try to get there before sunset on the day you arrive -- there was heavy fog in the morning (sounds like it's pretty typical) and we didn't get to enjoy the views much before our 12p train. Also, the hotel is up a very steep road and there are not taxis readily available at the small train station, so we walked to the information center and they were able to call a taxi for us. The hotel coordinated a taxi back down to the train station in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This is definitely a magical place to stay.
- Note: the hotel/ castle is broken up into 2 different parts owned by 2 different entities. So if you want to take a tour of the other section. It will cost a small amount. My wife and I didn’t do this so I don’t have any feedback. But the hotel was enough for me.
- Note: October is a great month to see the fall color and this is the time they are picking grapes.
- The staff is very accommodating and went above and beyond the job. They also speak good English.
- The room: We stayed in room 23. The elevator only goes to the 3rd floor and this room is on the 5th floor. It is the highest hotel room at the hotel. Pretty much 360 degree view of the surrounding Rhine river,and vineyards (weingut). Great room!
- The town: it is very quaint. They have a town wall that you can walk, ruins, and churches and a lot of viewpoints for good photos.
- Food: Dinner was absolutely delicious. Again the staff was very accommodating because my wife doesn’t eat meat.
- Wine tour: this was very fun and made my wife’s day: my wife is a wine enthusiast and enjoyed taking a ride through the vineyards and having wine process explained. Wine tasting was delicious and could not pick which one was my favorite.
I recommend this place. Very good spot for a special occasion.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed for 2 nights on a trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and all of our expectations were exceeded. Yes, it was a bit pricey, but when you factor in the breakfast, dinner, and the unique experience, it was well worth it. We were in Room 22, which looked to be one of the smaller rooms, but the small balcony with an unbelievable view of the Rhine made it all worthwhile. We spent much of our time on the balcony sipping the complimentary sherry, as well as the wine we purchased at one of the wine shops in town. We also enjoyed exploring the castle, and were excited to find the door leading to the walkway along one of the walls. Lovely walk down from the castle to the town, but we took a taxi back up each time. If I had only one suggestion for the hotel management, it would be to offer a complimentary shuttle to pick people up and drop them off at the train station or in town, as arranging for a taxi was a bit difficult at times.

Room Tip: Definitely pay extra for a room with a Rhine River view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike Z
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I booked a single room, room 17. Great room and the dinner that was included was great and so filling that I had to pass on desert. Was able to take the extra wine with me back to the room. Agree with some other posters, beware that if you want to walk up, it is a hike but I did it without a problem. Not with luggage...however.

And breakfast the next morning...also included. Also amazing.

The garden area that is only allowed to be accessed by hotel guests is an oasis and lovely and very worth the walk around.

My only negative, I could only stay one night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank K J
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

There is not much to add if you have read the other reviews.
The service once you arrive at the castle is impeccable.
After checking in, a man with a golf kart takes you and your luggage from the parking lot to the castle entrance, he then takes your luggage to your room.
Our room was at the top after taking sixty five stairs.
If you aren't in shape, it will improve after almost a week.
The room was gorgeous, with a balcony overlooking the Rhine.
The evening meals were served over a one to two hour period, the service lacked nothing.
The breakfast buffet was very good, but if there was one complaint, it was that we were not told until our last day (6) that we could of had bacon and egg's to order.
Management told
us that we should have been told because they have a chef in the morning for that purpose.
All in all it was a once in a lifetime experience.
Don't miss walking the fairy tail gardens.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends