“Schwabien food at it best!”
Review of Maximilian

Maximilian
Ranked #22 of 168 Restaurants in Reutlingen
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I dined there recently and had my favourite Schwabien dish...Swiebelrostbraten mit kartoffel.
The roast beef was served medium and it was delicious! Place was busy, but we were still able to get a large table for 6. Service was excellent, beer was yummy and surroundings very pleasant. Would thoroughly recommend

Reviewed 10 December 2015

The place has a very nice architecture, at the entrance a nice bar area with sometimes life music. The restaurant area is a big room but with different floor levels that create a better atmosphere. The food is over average but not astonishing. Great offer on local dishes. After dinner you should have a drink if there is life music in the bar area as the ambiente gets great with many locals too.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

We ate here two times while in the area. The menu is diverse, the food very good, and the service equally good. On one evening I had the Rostbrotten. The other night was pork and pasta. I really recommend this place but to me the food was more Greman than Mediterranean. For the life of me, I can't figure out why foodie don't talk about German cuisine more.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Maximilian is one of the best restaurants in the area. The menu is diverse enough for just about anyone, they were able to accommodate our fairly large group without hesitation, they actually moved a couple so that we could be seated immediately. The service was great, the food was great as was the beer. Great location on the river, and practically across the street from our hotel.
What was strange was that one evening credit cards were no issue, but 3 nights later, the bartender did not want to accept a credit card. She said something to the effect of your fees will be 50% higher, not sure what she meant by that.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Excellent cuisine choices and one of the few places to get carpaccio. Wonderful adult atmosphere in a stylish setting. Not the best place to take children, but for a night out with my husband and our friends, this would be one of the top choices. (parking is a little inconvenient.)