Romantikhotel Braunschweiger Hof
Villa Feise(Bad Harzburg)
US$86
  • Room Service
Vitalhotel am Stadtpark(Bad Harzburg)
Hotel Victoria(Bad Harzburg)
Hotel Tannenhof(Bad Harzburg)
  • Pool
Hotel Rosenau(Bad Harzburg)
Hotel Seela(Bad Harzburg)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Haus in der Sonne(Bad Harzburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbusiness tripharz regionbreakfast buffetamenitiesgermanycasewernigerodespaparktown
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We spent five very enjoyable nights here, and did not want to leave. Not cheap, but excellent value for money, you could not expect more. Tasteful throughout, from the reception area to all bedrooms, can't fault it. Everything works, as is usually the case in Germany! Very pretty gardens, and terrace dining. Breakfast is exceptional, everything you could wish for and beautifully presented. Tea and coffee served to you at your table by smiling staff - all very nice. The restaurant is of similar standard, our five dinners were all equally delicious. Drinks at the bar are a bit pricey, and my only criticism of this hotel is that they allow smoking in the bar, and a section of the restaurant. Very unusual and unwelcome for non-smokers in this day and age. But, a wonderful hotel in a pretty spa town, a good base for visiting the many charming towns and villages in the area. Delightful!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We actually stayed at the apartment (Ferienwohnung) that is just down the street from the hotel and it was perfect for us with a baby! It was clean, very spacious, great price and it had everything you can think of! We were able to use the pool and spa and all other amenities of the hotel as well free of charge! The only additional cost is the breakfast that is high quality with a very superb service. I just wish they would have changed the breakfast buffet up a little bit as we stayed for 5 days and tried everything! The owners of the hotel are very friendly and professional. I loved seeing the family photos on the wall- amazing how this hotel remained in the same family over so many generations!

Two of our friends had a room in the hotel itself and were happy with everything but they mentioned that the walls were thin, so they could hear people next to them talk and they wished the spa area would have had a hot tub.

Bad Harzburg is very quiet itself. Lots of shops & restaurants that you can walk to but we had to drive everywhere else to explore the Harz region a little bit more (Goslar, Wernigerode).

All in all, I would recommend this for a quiet, relaxed vacation and if you get lucky with the weather, the views are stunning! We hope to return during the winter one day.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I am satisfied for the quality of the hotel and its restaurant. People working there were nice. The location is good as I am travelling for business. The park of the hotel is very nice. I have been in that hotel two or three times in the last 2 months.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2016

This high-class, well-staffed hotel is located about a third of the way up Bad Harzburg's main street, a 10-15 minute walk from the railway station. My room was comfortable, but the bathroom was very small with a rather awkward sink. The buffet breakfast was excellent and offered a breathtaking choice.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I stayed here for several nights during a solo holiday in Germany in 2011 and loved it. This year, I returned with my wife because of the very good previous experience, and also the beautiful sights offered in the region.

Our room was a cute small apartment, perfectly suited for people in receipt of pensions, who stay here for several nights. My only complaint is that the small space available for the bathroom counter was wasted on two sinks. One would be plenty, but I guess two signals luxury to those with an impractical bend. The room was quiet with a very comfortable bed and two TVs.

Service is impeccable throughout.

The breakfast buffet, included in the price of the room, features a variety of breads, cereals, cold cuts and cheeses, and the coffee is great. In the evening, don't bother going anywhere else for dinner. All our three meals, selected from the extensive menu, were excellent.

For lunch, and I guess any other time, avoid the local Kartoffelhaus just down the street. Terrible!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple