Gartenhotel Heusser
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel An den Salinen(Bad Durkheim)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
US$148
Hotel Fronmuehle(Bad Durkheim)
  • Pool
Hotel Goldbachel(Wachenheim an der Weinstrasse)
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Zum weissen ross(Kallstadt)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbuffet dinnerspa arealovely hotelrelaxationtown
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Perfect: spacious rooms which are more like apartments, amazing food, friendly service and beautiful location. It's labyrinth-like building may be confusing at times, but that is, really, the only negative I've seen! It's worth all the money! Enjoy!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Gartenhotel Heusser is small family run hotel in Bad Dürkheim.
I chose this hotel for a family weekend and I’m happy I did. There is so much to see in the area
and Bad Dürkheim has a lot to offer as well. This wine region is gorgeous.

The huge garden of the hotel is very well maintained was ideal for the kids.
I was stunned myself seeing so many Koi’s in the pond and all those turtles. I have to say, overall I felt like I was on
vacation somewhere in the south of Europe. I guess the great weather helped with that.

The restaurant at the hotel was great. Part of half board, we had a buffet both at breakfast and dinner.
I missed nothing at breakfast. From cereals to a well sorted display of breads and buns. Sausages and all sorts of eggs
were offered as well. Fresh fruits and yoghurts topped it off.

Dinner was very good. There were options for everyone’s taste. I enjoyed every meal.

While we had the greatest weather the weekend we stayed, we also enjoyed the spa. The pool inside was refreshing but the highlight
was laying outside in the sun in the beautiful garden. At certain times it got crowed but it was never uncomfortable.
We tried the massage which was ok. But everything was clean and just what you expect from Spa like this.
The sauna was clean and offered different heated cabins, as well as a steam bath. No complaints here.

Overall, the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Sometimes we felt that the kids were disturbing for some guests. But the average
age of most of the guests was a bit higher than usual. But that is not at all the fault of the hotel.

The only downturn was the location of our room. Our room no. 517 was right above the restaurant terrace. I mentioned it was hot that weekend
and we had to leave the windows open in our room. This was ok during the night but when trying to fall asleep people were still outside on the
terrace having loud discussions and early mornings it got quite noisy as well. There were people sitting right below our balcony smoking their
morning cigarette and the smell went right up in to our room. With a room above the restaurant I really would have preferred the smell of fresh
coffee in the morning.
And to top all the noise off, there were 2 weddings on Saturday night and one of them woke me at 3 am because the music was insanely loud.
That is not OK. There was no warning before and no apology the next morning when we checked out.

I wanted to give this hotel full 5 stars but I found these things unacceptable.
I would consider coming back but would then ask for a different room location.

Room Tip: I know the 517 and 519 can be loud.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fairytella
Reviewed 6 September 2012

For starters, the good ol’ Bad Durkheim is captivating! A well-known and popular spa in the middle of the wine region, a mammoth wine barrel for the records (supposed to be the biggest unused wine barrel in the world), the tractor ride around the town with different varieties of German Riesling wines, the ancient Roman memorial overlooking the Rhine valley, the retro discos which play music from 70’s (and waitresses from the same era!), this place called Bad Durkheim in the German Palatinate Rhineland region, grabs you by your.. well.. imagination!

Then, in the middle of this town, is Gartenhotel Heusser, the hotel which is typical of the town you are staying in – cozy, comfortable and unassuming! I was on an office conference and for our team of around 15 people from around the world, the town and the hotel were in perfect harmony. The bright and nice reception, the cozy and comfortable rooms with balconies overlooking some superb landscapes, the neat and tidy bathrooms, the TV with the right amount of English channels (in Deutschland), the superb restaurants with seating in the Asian garden (Asian, because you can see around some amazing Japanese, Buddhist and Indian(?) sculptures around), live grills, the zingy bar which comes alive in the late evenings, the attentive and unobtrusive service of waiters and waitresses, this is one hotel I was very impressed with, during my stay.

So much so, that I would like to return to this place with my family, just to show them this area, Bad Durkheim, is just too good! And what place do you have better, than to sit in this Garten, inside the Hotel Heusser?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2011

very clean well run hotel with cheerful staff who speak good english.
Ask for a de luxe wellness room which is in the newest of several buildings which make up this hotel. These rooms have a balcony and overlook the garden.
It is here that you find the indoor swimming pool.
The food was good with a choice of a la carte or buffet style.

Room Tip: de luxe wellness room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2011

My husband's company booked our stay at the Gartenhotel Heusser because of its location near the Weinstrasse. It was an excellent jumping off point for us to tour the wineries/vineyards in the area.

The hotel was comfortable and clean. The decor was simple and European. The staff was helpful and mostly stayed in the background.

The bed in our room was a typical German king - two twin beds pushed together each with its own small comforter. We thought it was odd until we traveled around the country and found this to be true of most hotels. The bed was the most comfortable bed we slept in during our 14-day/five-hotel tour of Germany and Austria.

The room was quite small, but completely adequate. The bathroom felt recently remodeled - black granite floors and countertops. A small but extremely clean shower. It was shiny and new.

We were so busy we didn't take the time to tour the lovely garden or visit the spa. If we go back I would certainly do so.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business