All reviews buffet dinner spa area very nice hotel relaxation wedding balcony town
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I'm staying in this hotel every week for more then 18 months now (and counting), despite the fact that it is 23 km away from work. Great facilities, great staff... probably due to great management. :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Milan T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I really can not fault this hotel, but it wasn't for me. (Although I may be back!) The oriental theme and Japanese tea garden may seem a little strange to non Germans but the locals obviously love it. The grounds and attractions are extremely well kept, and the staff were all excellent.

Only two issues. 1. due to the size of the hotel, they operate a buffet dinner, with a limited table menu. Not for us. 2. The sound of the frogs from the ornamental ponds was very loud and all night long!!

we didn't use the fitness or spa but they were spotless and well used by others.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the terrace and tea house will be quieter, although the view not as stunning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Heusser Gartenhotel is a modern 4 star hotel with a spa, a pool, a restaurant and a lovely setting up on the hill above Bad Durkheim. You can actually walk down the hill to get to the center, but coming back would be a problem because of the steep hill. This is a hotel to visit with a group (and there were several while we were there, or with your own car. The breakfast was fine, and the service was true 4 stars. It also has plenty of free parking.

What we didn’t like about the hotel is the way it was laid out. It is sprawling (see attached picture) with several different buildings and you need a compass or a GPS to navigate about. From our room, it felt like 100 meters to the breakfast room, and several times we actually got lost. Despite this, we did enjoy our 3 night stay here.

Room Tip: Due to the sprawling layout, I wouldn't recommend it for the physically handicapped.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Perfect: spacious rooms which are more like apartments, amazing food, friendly service and beautiful location. It's labyrinth-like building may be confusing at times, but that is, really, the only negative I've seen! It's worth all the money! Enjoy!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Gartenhotel Heusser is small family run hotel in Bad Dürkheim.
I chose this hotel for a family weekend and I’m happy I did. There is so much to see in the area
and Bad Dürkheim has a lot to offer as well. This wine region is gorgeous.

The huge garden of the hotel is very well maintained was ideal for the kids.
I was stunned myself seeing so many Koi’s in the pond and all those turtles. I have to say, overall I felt like I was on
vacation somewhere in the south of Europe. I guess the great weather helped with that.

The restaurant at the hotel was great. Part of half board, we had a buffet both at breakfast and dinner.
I missed nothing at breakfast. From cereals to a well sorted display of breads and buns. Sausages and all sorts of eggs
were offered as well. Fresh fruits and yoghurts topped it off.

Dinner was very good. There were options for everyone’s taste. I enjoyed every meal.

While we had the greatest weather the weekend we stayed, we also enjoyed the spa. The pool inside was refreshing but the highlight
was laying outside in the sun in the beautiful garden. At certain times it got crowed but it was never uncomfortable.
We tried the massage which was ok. But everything was clean and just what you expect from Spa like this.
The sauna was clean and offered different heated cabins, as well as a steam bath. No complaints here.

Overall, the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Sometimes we felt that the kids were disturbing for some guests. But the average
age of most of the guests was a bit higher than usual. But that is not at all the fault of the hotel.

The only downturn was the location of our room. Our room no. 517 was right above the restaurant terrace. I mentioned it was hot that weekend
and we had to leave the windows open in our room. This was ok during the night but when trying to fall asleep people were still outside on the
terrace having loud discussions and early mornings it got quite noisy as well. There were people sitting right below our balcony smoking their
morning cigarette and the smell went right up in to our room. With a room above the restaurant I really would have preferred the smell of fresh
coffee in the morning.
And to top all the noise off, there were 2 weddings on Saturday night and one of them woke me at 3 am because the music was insanely loud.
That is not OK. There was no warning before and no apology the next morning when we checked out.

I wanted to give this hotel full 5 stars but I found these things unacceptable.
I would consider coming back but would then ask for a different room location.

Room Tip: I know the 517 and 519 can be loud.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family