“Very interesting ”
Review of Jewish Cemetery

Jewish Cemetery
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Worms
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We were shown the cemetery on our tour with our German friends and told a lot about it of why the stones and notes of paper had been left on the graves. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Marlene B
"burial"
"site"
"life"

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Every time I visit this site, I'm sorry not to have enough time to stay longer and try to decipher the many inscriptions on the graves. The gravestones are mostly damaged by water and wind, so that you can only partly read the inscriptions. The ancient graves have no mention of date. This cemetery is even older than the known one in Prague.

1  Thank jeviolin
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I would not have expected the oldest Jewish cemetery in Europe in the heart of Germany, especially one that was undamaged by the ravages of the second World War, and is a quiet oasis quite near the city center. But Worms has surprised me. Explanatory signs in English are just inside the gates. One doesn't want to spend a lot of time here-the cemetery is just a little too overgrown and wild to be too comfortable, but one should come and pay their respects.

1  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

This ancient Jewish cemetery is as far as I know one of the oldest in Europe. I grew up in the neighborhood and since then I visited it whenever I was in the area. In my opinion the best season for a visit is fall or winter. Just enjoy the tranquility any season.