All reviews mini bar outdoor pool one night breakfast buffet drawback section penthouse weather tv region whirlpool euros bedroom beach sea
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is 4* but in my opinion is .... i do not know. First the rooms are old, i do not had even air condition or ventylation. Only way to get an air is open windows, but You hear the noise of water ( fountain) . So in summer is quite difficult to stay. More the key from room is old yale key, so You have to leave it in reception, and than wait in the line to get in back. And the worst was that one morning i tried to take a shower and i did not have soap and shampoo. The cleaning stuff took oold one and did not give me a new one...... they also forgot to clean the glasess.
Maybe 40 years ago it was no 1 hotel, but know is old and looks bad. People goes there for sentimente?

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Madlen_Valentin, Assistant Manager at Maritim Seehotel Timmendorfer Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your detailled review. We regret that the service of our housekeeping team was not adequate. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that this is not reflecting our actual standard. We immediately forward your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. Thanks a lot for your feedback. Unfortunately you also didn't like our classic furniture. Many of our guests like the special charm of our hotel and we would like to convince you of the charm of our hotel too. We would be glad to welcome you back soon again and please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any further questions.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Good spot for a business trip meeting colleagues from Hamburg ( 40 mins away).

Lovely beach and fine little seaside town.

Hotel, whilst a little old school, has all the amenities and is centrally located. Hotel bar is very pleasant as are all the staff.

Rooms a little tired but perfectly clean and presentable.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Madlen_Valentin, Assistant Manager at Maritim Seehotel Timmendorfer Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your stay and of course for your positive review. We hope to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

We went to Maritim Seehotel in Timmendorf as a couple.

The Reception was very good and parking was well organised.
We were disappointed with the size of the comfort room and how outdated the furniture is. However it was clean and had a small terrace. All the necessary hotel amenities were there; mini bar, toiletries etc.

We were impressed with the service and the quality of the food in the Stübe on the first night and we were blown away with the Orangerie's menu on the second night. The personnel were professional but friendly. Excellent service.

The pool and spa area was well maintained. The personnel in the Spa were professional. I managed to have one service done.

In summary a very good well appointed hotel. I would only recommend that the rooms be renovated.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 226maram
Madlen_Valentin, Assistant Manager at Maritim Seehotel Timmendorfer Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your stay at our Maritim Seehotel Timmendorfer Strand and as well for your assessment. We are glad about your praise and will share it with pleasure with our employees. Already in the past we invested in the modernisation of the hotel. Also in future the hotel will be modernised step by step. Only recently, for example, all televisions on the rooms were exchanged. We are glad if we may welcome you soon again as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

What can i say but "Wow".

This hotel gets my highest ranking. It is immaculately clean, the Staff, all of whom speak fluent English, are exceedingly friendly and helpful and yest discreet. The dinner menu was limited but the food was worthy of a Michelin star.

I could go on and on pouring out my praise but suffice to say that this is a great hotel. The only, very slightly annoying factor was that the tv in my room was "vintage".

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms to be good with the cheaper rooms overlooking a delightful, little park and the more expensive having a sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen C
Madlen_Valentin, management assistant at Maritim Seehotel Timmendorfer Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and of course for spending your time in writing an assessment afterwards. We will share your praise with our staff and hope to welcome you soon again - hopefully already with new tv screens because the exchange is planned but at the moment there is no definitive date.
We wish you all the best & with kind regards from Timmendorfer Strand,

Management assistant

Reviewed 27 September 2015

I have only been staying here for one night and participated in a conference.
The staff were friendly and efficient, the breakfast and dinner buffets were very good with plenty of choices. The room was newly renovated and equipped with modern flatscreen TV (forget about the respective critics in the old reviews).
I enjoyed the seaside view from the balcony. The hotel was quiet and the bed was good, so I had a good sleep.

I paid 120 Euros for the night including breakfast, which was quite reasonable (for lack of time I did not use the Spa and other services but could have done it).
I would, however, not stay here if the rooms were much more expensive like in high season. Alone the 15 minute wait before the old elevator made me nervous, and aside from the room, there are many other things here that still are awaiting renovation..

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business