“Highly recommended ! Jewel in the Crown in Crans Montana Commune (Chermignon dén-haut) !”
Review of Cafe Cher-Mignon

Cafe Cher-Mignon
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Crans-Montana
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2017

By chance, found out this little yet elegant restaurant in Crans Montana commune area (not in the heart of Crans or Montana but in a very nearby village called Chermignon dén-haut). It is a restaurant that I would come back again without any second thoughts. I don't normally enjoy restaurant food when in this part of the world unless you pay a premium price and yet not so convincing. As a frequent visitor to Crans Montana, I lost my faith in food, either expensive or tasteless.
Finally, I can say this restaurant solved my taste buds misery :-) The food was very delicious with good quality and surprisingly for a very reasonable price. You could hardly get such good quality delicious food with such good price in Crans Montana, believe me. The service was very pleasant, the waiter was professional and speaks good English! The owner, (unsure if he is the one) had the best smile :-)

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visits Crans Montana! Will stop by at the restaurant again on my next trip :-)

1  Thank SKBasel

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Very impressed by the food served with very reasonable price!
Good customer service with friendly staff.
Worth a visit when in Crans Montana. Will be back.

1  Thank JeanConso
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I love this small restaurant on the swiss mountains, excellent food, lovely people, reasonnable rates, don't miss it if you're on holiday in Crans Montana!!

1  Thank Maurizio d
Reviewed 5 February 2015

After reading all these nice reviews my girlfriend and I had very high expectations about the restaurant. We got there and was quickly appointed to the table I had reserved. The server was very nice and explained the courses as good as she could in English. The options were little and we ended up choosing the 3 course Degustation menu. The starter was nothing than carrots prepared in different ways, it was tasty but nothing special. The main course was a Black Angus steak with some mashed potatoes and a cauliflower mousseline. Everything was tasty but I did find a bit boring choice of main course for an establishment like this. The dessert was almost the highlight of the meal as it was a combination of many preparations of pear. All in all a good meal but not worth the 94 CHF price per person.

1  Thank Kasper89
Capella1, Propriétaire at Cafe Cher-Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2015

Dear Sir, Dear Madame,
We thank you for your review.
We are sorry that we have not fulfilled your expectations during your visit in our restaurant.As you have seen from many comments on this review many of our loyal customer's are enchanted with their dining experience . We hope that you will come again and let your dining experience become a pleasant one. Our menus change every three weeks, so there are many occasions for you to come back.
I would like to bring a precision to your comment. The 94 francs spent per person includes apero,wine, coffee and mignardise at the end of your meal,not without saying the snack and amuse bouche as well as a pre-dessert served before your last course.
We hope to greet you once again
have a nice evening ......
kind regard's
Elizabeth & David Duc

Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you ever plan a visit to Switzerland , (valais canton in particular), Please make sure to visit Cafe Cher-Mignon.

As a guy who also works in the restaurant business, I do ihave a prejudice on how a restaurant should be run.

This place exceeds all expectations.

-The food are outstanding, a fine dining-quality in a casual environment
-Great price, i'm surprised with the pricing as they could easily charge double with what they offers.
-Their lunch menu that changes daily is a testament that they put their communities first .
-Short but exciting wine lists !

The only regret I had is that I only got to knew this place when I am about to leave Swiss.
David and Elizabeth have been a perfect hosts and I hope this place will lasts for a long time and will get the recognition it deserves.

EliDucChermignon, Propriétaire at Cafe Cher-Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind message. We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinner experience in our restaurant.We hope to see you soon again......
best and kind regard's