La Fleur du Lac
US$157
  • Pool
US$145
  • Restaurant
Starling Hotel Lausanne(Saint Sulpice)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotellake genevalocal winenice barolder hotelrooms are cleanold stylethe hotel offersfriendly servicehotel is locatedfree wifibalconynoiseimpressionregion
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The is a Hotel / Restaurant that 20 years ago was a great place, it has a fantastic view over the lake, plenty of parking, what could go wrong...... lack of investment and lack of interest things went down...
NOW A NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM IN PLACE.....
This new husband and wife team in place for the last year, are really moving things in the right direction.

The restaurant has already made big improvements really nice food, the Hamburger with shrimps.....is actually a great combination (surf &turf) Excellent selection of food and wine and very attentif serving staff.
Not to forget the fantastic view from the terrace.

Price wise a little more upmarket but don't forget the location also the free parking.

There is a nice bar down stairs also with a comfortable terrace for after dinner drinks.

Have been told by the management that they are starting to refurbish the rooms and the rest of hotel, work in progress.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing this hotel/restaurant back up where it should be with the other top hotels in the region.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 August 2017

We thank you very much for all of your compliments.
As the manager says to you the renovation is not finished yet, so we hope to seeing you again for see the modification.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Best view of Lake Geneva from a building.

Nice hotel, on the Rue de Lausanne, great location.
Private pontoon, and great staff.

Nice bar and outer deck.

Good breakfast.

Furnishings a little tired.
Air conditioning would be a real advantage.

Worthy of a visit and I'll stay again .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

We thank you for your comment.
We hope to see you again in our establishment.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I must admit, I am rather sentimental about this hotel, as my marriage banquet was hold there, almost 30 years ago. We pass there quite regularly. It has its ups and its downs. The main attraction - the view - stays unchanged, the second attraction - the restaurant - manages to stay at a very good level, even if not on the cheap side. The quality of the food is excellent, the service is good and friendly. But the hotel itself - the rooms etc - glides downwards. It was renovated some time ago, but we saw at several places that it should be done again. We learned that the proprietor/director who took it over at after 2000 sold it last autumn. Is this the result? Maybe. The breakfast lost a good deal of its level. And, honestly, the breakfast coffee was awful.

Room Tip: Facing the lac léman is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

We thank you for always choosing our establishment for your wedding anniversary.
Our establishment is always in renovation, it's no finish yet.
We have changed the coffee machine for a Nespresso machine last week.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I spent a night before a meeting there. Nice hotel, a little oldish style but good service. The restaurant is excellent (in reconstruction so the actual location is not the final one). The food and wine were very good and we had a nice view on the lake (see pictures).
The room was big with a balcony and a view but the bed was too soft (oldish) and the decoration too. The parking is too small and we had hard time to find a spot (at 8:30pm). The global impression is good but the hotel would benefit a little refurbishing (like the restaurant is going through those days). I found it expensive for what I got. And it is not my preferred choice in Morges (I have tried 4 hotels). Be careful that there is work on the lake close to the hotel and this could generate noise (we arrived and left early so I can't say the impact in the day).

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view (more expensive)
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2017

I'm in Morges every week and "have an hour to kill". Summertime I hang on the terrace of the café, wintertime I'm at the bar - free wifi, good snacks, tea and coffee. Very cozy and friendly service, good reading light as well.

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the hotel, only used the restaurant services
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 January 2017

We thank you for your interest about our establishment.

We are very happy to welcome you again.