Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews surrounding mountains wonderful location quiet at night direct access to the lake excellent hotel per night view balcony switzerland boat chf lakeshore
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2021

This hotel is perfectly located and the view from the rooms on the lakeside is stunning.
The personal of the reception is very professional and makes a good job.
I didn't have a Suite but a premium room. The room is well equipped but a bit small and the floors are dirty. I slept well on the beds and and the bathroom is just at a correct size. The balcony offered the big advantage of the room.
The breakfast is not at the level of a 4 stars hotel. The variety is not big and most of the things are too simple. There was always missing something. But still to highlight the very good service of Talisha.

The big pain point of the hotel is the restaurant. We wanted to celebrate a family anniversary there. What a bad choice I made. There was no tablecloth and the tables looked exactly like in the morning for breakfast without any little decoration.
The service was good and fast. The white wine is stored at the same temperature as a red wine and all the wine are overpriced. I have to say that we cannot call that a restaurant with a real kitchen. There is no real cuisine on their menu which is also overpriced. It's "just" frying a schnitzel and french fries, cutting pcs of meat. The highlight of the night was the pizza my wife ordered: i have never seen such a pizza in my life apart from the frozen one they served me in a bar in Ho Chi Minh city. Disgusting to serve this to customers.
I will never come back.

Room tip: Lakeside room
Date of stay: June 2021
Campus Hotel Hertenstein, Inhaber at Campus Hotel Hertenstein, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Dear Gmoretito

Thank you very much for your honest feedback.
Unfortunately we could not inspire them with our hospitality and kitchen creations - we regret this very much.

If you are in the region again, we would be happy to invite you to a drink so that we can discuss the issues in person.

We would be happy if you would contact us.

With kindest regards,

Chantal Helbling
Leitung Gastronomie

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Campus Hertenstein is beautifully located at the end of the road along the lake from Weggis. It has amazing views over the lake towards the surrounding mountains, has direct access to the lake, and it is quiet at night. If you’re lucky, you’ll hear the water’s edge reminding you of being near the sea or the ducks talking to each other.

The standard rooms mostly face towards the lake, are of a decent size besides the shower.

For parking, in contrary to what is stated here, we paid CHF 20 per night.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank himmeli2013
Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

Spent a wonderful bank holiday weekend here! I was recovering from an accident, I treated us to a Junior Suite for 2 nights. The hotel responded to my request for a specific style that I had seen, which was great! The photos of the location don‘t really do it justice - it is absolutely beautiful. In 18 years in Switzerland, I have not seen many better (if any!) I had to do rehab exercises... sitting in front of a full length window watching the boats on the lake. Wonderful. The beds are super comfortable and the room equipped perfectly with tea and coffee, plus a great lounge area and balcony. The cafe and garden space are great and you can walk into Weggis (30mins ish, almost flat) or get on the boat or mini train directly in front of the door. The restaurant was quite busy (bank holiday weekend) but the service was very good and friendly. Had to wait a few minutes ar breakfast, but we did appear 30mins before the end, which is never the best idea in a full hotel! My only comment is that the restaurant menu does not have very much choice - it was fine (and does have daily specials too), but for the standard of hotel it could be a bit more varied.
I paid more than my usual price limit per night for the room - and actully left thinking I would be back again ... in the same room! Loved our stay, thank you.

Room tip: If the hotel is full, consider going to breakfast at a slightly less popular time (same as most hotels!). Enjoy the lakeside views...
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2020

This is a small scale hotel on the lakebound. Perfect rooms with great beds, a balcony (all lakeview!), large breakfast buffet and good restaurant. The hotel has iis own beach. Sup boards and canoos are available. Amazing location.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Chill040
Campus Hotel Hertenstein, Inhaber at Campus Hotel Hertenstein, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Dear Chill040

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback here on «Tripdavisor».

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again.

In the meantime I wish you all the best, stay safe,

Céline Bauz
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Came there on a conference as all (most) other guests. Modern and functional rooms with amzaing views.
Great conference facilities, good resaturant and only a step from the lake where you can go kayaking or stand-up paddling before/after sessions makes this a great place for your business trip. The gym is small with limited equipment but the sauna is nice.

Room tip: All rooms have great views
Date of stay: September 2018