“Good indian restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2015

I work a few hundred meters from the place and go on average once a week to this place for lunch. Service is good, food is excellent and I never felt disappointed. Prices are correct and service might be a little long sometimes.

Overall a very good experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

I was starving so I had the samosas for starters, then the shrimp korma with chilli naan, with a mango lassi. The korma sauce was delicious. The portions were also quite generous so I did not eat the rice. The lassi was also very good. Prices were a little on the high side given the surroundings and the decorations. But good Indian food!

Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

Nice little place with very good service. The waitress was very attentive to our needs and very helpful.
The chicken tikka masala was very tasty and good portion size. The only downside was the naan bread that was too greasy and didn't taste like bread at all.
Apart from that, everything was delicious and spicy. Good value for money, would definitely recommend it and go again.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

I was so, so, so dissapointed and disgusted in the same time.

My sweetheart and I live not far away from the restaurant, so we decided (for like... the forth time) to dine there on a Saturday night, knowing that they have a bufet for 35-. Coincidence, it was St. Valentine's day. You know, the usual heart decorations and stuff, plus a menu on the table where it was writen "Menu St. Valentin", that had the description of the bufet. I found it weird that it didn't have the price listed, but then I thought... Oh, well... it's probably because is the usual Saturday night bufet and stuff. Plus, they din't offer us other menus, so I am guessing that they were somehow forcing you to take that one :-) which we did. I repeat, usually it was 35-. At the end we had the surprise to see that the owner has been charged us for 70-/person! WHAAATTTT???? An indian bufet for 2 and 2 bottles of water, was a total of 160-. Plus, the ticket was hand written (as usual), which we all know that is not legal at that he is "cheating" on his expenses and stuff, right? So I went and talked to him and told him that that is simply not acceptable and that I refuse to be ripped off and that I know he did it on purpose not to write the prices down, so he can charge you double the usual price at the end. He sais that St. Valentine's bufes was different. I said what is different? He answered: "well, the ingredients are more fresh." Wait, what? As in, usually you are eating old stuff and for once he is using fresh ingredients and charging you double the price for it. Oh, my!!! So I told him that I WILL NOT PAY that astronomical amount and he "made" me a price. He asked 112- for the table (instead of 160-). Afterwards I wanted to pay by card, but the machine didn't work and I told him we will go and take some money out, so (CHECK THIS OUT), he sent one of his employees to follow us by car and make sure we are paying.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE DISGUSTED IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!! DISGUSTING, DISGUSTING, DISGUSTING!!! NEVER EVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!

3  Thank alinacptn
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I don't like to give negative reviews, but in this case, I will make an exception. My hubby and I are big Indian foodies, so when we heard there was an Indian restaurant in Yverdon-les-Bains, we were excited to visit. First thing I mentioned to the man was, "s'il vous plait, eau de la robinette", just bring tap water, which he acted like he understood and said, normal water, right? Yes, I thought, normal water sounds right. Then he proceeded to bring water in a glass bottle, which he didn't open in front of us, so I figured they normally put water in the glass bottle to serve at the table. In addition, I ordered a chicken kurma, which said it came with rice. My husband ordered a veggie kurma, did not order rice. When the dishes came. the Kurma with Legumes (veggies) also came with rice. One would assume, if my hubbie didn't order rice, that the rice was included? NO, he charged 5 Swiss Franks, in addition, we were charged for 2 bottles of bottled water. We paid 95 Swiss Franks for 2 mango lassis, 1 piece of naan, 1 pakora and 2 kurmas, after he discounted the rice (begrudgingly). Rip off!!!

3  Thank Salsagrapher