See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed in a double room which had no balcony. It was comfortable and clean. There was a nice basket of fresh fruits on the table when we arrived.
The jacuzzi, sauna and hammam are available at the hotel for the guests and we have enjoyed an excellent relaxing massage which I really recommend. We have in fact much preferred the hotel spa to the Yverdon thermal baths next door because only two of the three pools were open, they were overcrowded and the water was durty. Whereas the hotel spa is very quite, clean and has a large choice of massages available upon request.
The breakfast was good and even though we came once after 10:00 we were served coffees and croissants without charges. We could not enjoyed the terrace because of the bad weather but it must be wonderful when there is sunshine.

The staff is good and efficient. The hotel is situated in the center of the town of Yverdon but has a nice park around with mini golf and tennis court. The Thermal baths are five minutes walk.
I recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_de_la_Prairie, Responsable relations publiques at L'Hotel de la Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Sirs

Many thanks for your kind and precious message.

We need helpful criticisms as well as encouraging comments :) !

We hope to welcome you on a coming occasion.

Best regards

Bénédicte Chaudet Aires
Executive secretary

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Hotel rooms need a major facelift....we melted in the heat, no AC or fans. Capet, beds and bathroom have seen better days.
Dinner was incredible and I highly recommend dinner at the restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bojomania
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed here for 5 days whilst on a work trip, arrived in the early hours and check in was quick and easy, hotel foyer and corridors were clean and welcoming.
Got to room and thought I had gone back in time but it was clean so not too concerned.

It was only the next day when I met colleagues it was clear that there was no real consistancy with the facilities. Eg: some had robes/slippers, curtains, proper duvet, safe, balcony etc.
Things like balcony, robes etc may be trivial but in 2013 I would expect a safe and definately proper bedding and curtains!!!!
No tea/coffee making facility either.

The breakfast was pleasant enough and the staff were friendly, prices very extreme in the bar/restaurant.

For us the best thing was the on site mini golf which is free for hotel guests and there is a tennis court but don't expect to play unless you take your own racket/ball!!!

It was an ok stay but the hotel needs to catch up with the times in terms of in room facilities and maybe decor.

Room Tip: Not 102 if you wan't to secure your valuables!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JAX1206
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Decadent and dusty atmosphere with plastic flowers in the french restaurant and high volume music from the radio ...
The rooms are really small with an old and dirty moquette and the tiny bathroom totally from the '80 taste. When I saw the rooms I couldn't believe this was a four stars hotel! The garden is nice and the food is ok. The wellness was pathetic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The pluses - Very good Bistro and separate French restaurant, the food is excellent in the bistro.

The Downs
First night and the first room.
TV not working - ok a small point.
When I went to get into the bed there was blood on the sheets, the hotel did then swap me to another room.

Second Room
Was ok but they really need to refurbish the rooms, very old radiators, old build in cupboards and the decor was hmmm maybe 1950's but not in a quaint way.

Hallway and stairway carpet has seen better days.

Room Tip: I am told by other colleagues who have stayed here that some of the rooms have been refurbished, so they maybe better than the two I stayed in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business