1) The restaurant was excellent. Large portions, very high quality, very reasonable prices. And the staff service was very, very good. Compliments to Chefs and staff!
2) Our room (#205) was spacious, quiet, clean, and with a large, comfortable bed. And the pillows were amazingly comfortable. We never heard noise at night, either from outside or from other rooms.
3) Bathroom was clean, shower only, very large cotton towels (2 bath, and 2 hand towels).
4) Sparling clean Jacuzzi and very nice dry sauna. Towels provided, wonderful rain shower in each changing room.
5) Wonderfully comfy cotton robe, with slippers, provided!
6) Staff are friendly, helpful and very professional. Management obviously has great pride in their hotel.
7) The Centrale Thermale is a 5 minute walk away. Note: for 35 CHF (Swiss Francs) you can get a package for 5 hours to use the health spa, all the pools, and the relaxation center with Jacuzzi, Japanese bath, 4 Saunas (2 dry and 2 steam)
1) The steam sauna was not working.
2) The full price is stiff. We got a great discount, and were well pleased! I suggest contacting hotel directly for best rates (Front desk speaks English and French).
Overall, with few choices of hotels, this one seems the best value. We really enjoyed our stay.
1) They have a wonderful Science Fiction museum in the town, well worth a visit!
2) The Chateau museum is amazing, and you can get an iPod with a great guided tour in English or French. They have 3 of the oldest examples of wooden canoes in Europe, and a really eclectic but well presented collection of artifacts from roman to modern times.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Hotel de la Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.