Open today: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Book in advance
from
US$61.27
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Google
Ways to Experience Walliser Alpentherme & Spa Leukerbad
from US$61.27
More Info
from US$144.81
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Well, I need to start by saying that this place has been my favorite retreat since 2010, where I would come many times during the year, all year around. When I heard that it got sold to the Russians from Heliopark Hotels a few years ago, I got worried at first (that the condition and service might deteriorate) but then things were going pretty well as it looked, the facility had been kept in more or less the same condition and so the service. Unfortunately, Heliopark has later sold the place to some other Russians (some "Thermal Hotels" company who runs only this very place) and these ones are not that peculiar neither about the upkeep of the spa nor about the customer service. Increasingly, by month, the spa dilapidates - clogged water jets do not get fixed, mold does not get cleaned, stone walls in the sauna-village are all tainted, staff count gets reduced (re. earlier comments here)... worst of all - as I have experienced during my latest visit (and probably the last until things there change), they now also reduce sauna temperatures - not sure if this is because I came in at around 19.00 (well, two hours before closure) or they just do it generally throughout the day (to cut the costs?) but there definitely was no steam in the steam-room. Considering that the entry fee is also quite pricey, the overall experience appears questionable to say the least. Hopefully, this "management" retires and sells the place to someone more competent sooner rather than later - before the reputation of the lovely Alpentherme is completely ruined.

Date of experience: April 2018
8  Thank Brnensky
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is THE place to go for a nice bubbly experience in Leukerbad. They also offer lots of massage and other treatments. Spa is great. But I find it unacceptable that there is only one service desk open on a public holiday and you have to queue for more tan 15 minutes... Hope this improves again - if not, people will look for alternatives...

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Simon I
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The Walliser Alpentherne complex is big and fun and worth a visit.
There’s two large-ish pools in the thermal baths area (one indoor and one outdoor) both are nice and weren’t busy on a Saturday afternoon. There’s also a simple but nice cafe.
The Sauna complex is downstairs and includes a series of saunas and pools.
There’s a few nice places to sit in each area where you can admire the view and relax.
The whole place is all clean and well maintained.
The spa and massage facilities are also really good and worth making a reservation!!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The spot is nice and quiet. The pool is really hot and I would like to come back BUT the way the lady welcomed us is unacceptable. Its the first time I see this in Switzerland. No one smile no one hello, she didn’t look at us one time. She threw the bracelets on the desk and no one goodbye. We had to ask her if everything was ok and if we can leave, she was already doing another thing. We felt like we were disturbing her. This girl has to change her work and go somewhere she does not have contact with anyone. Really sad to see this kind of education and im ashamed that tourists could think this is the way we welcome tourists in Switzerland.

Date of experience: March 2018
6  Thank Joelle189
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

This thermal bath offers indoor as well as outdoor pool. Although we visited Luekerbad in off season (June), still the warm bath was very comforting after our day's trek to the Gemmi Pass. The water temperature is comfortably warm. The pools have hot water jets at the depth that release jet streams at regular intervals, which give a feeling of massage. The sauna village here is worth a visit as it offers different aromatic sauna experience (sea salt, rose, coffee etc.). It has a very calm relaxing ambience ( the other thermal bath in Leukerbad which has water slides is quite noisy and crowded).

Date of experience: June 2017