All reviews thermal baths very pleasant stay huge variety our room was spacious bread village mountains snow martins winter bathing
Reviewed 29 April 2018

3 Stars?? Ridiculous! I have to be honest if you look at the hotels in Leukerbad they all look outdated, no way to find a modern hotel. So we decided for tis hotel as it is connected to the Alpentherme, one of the two thermal bath in Leukerbad, this is the only plus that I’m able to find in this hotel. Staff at the reception is a mix: some very efficient others not able to find our keys, even if already checked in, and wait around 5 minutes. Carpet everywhere (aisles, rooms, breakfast room, etc.): a nightmare! Breakfast is ok but nothing special…..In order to park in the right place do not enter the Hotel’s address on your GPS but instead follow the signs “Alpenthermen Parking” once you enter in Leukerbad. Room: NO WAY!!! Furniture outdated, bathroom small and in 70’ style, carpeted spoiled ,etc. Everything in the room looked spoiled and outdated. Overall the hotel needs to be renewed as soon as possible!! Not recommended…..

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Anzer_H, Geschäftsführer at Thermal Hotels und Walliser Alpentherme & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Athens85
thank you very much for staying with us while visiting Leukerbad and sharing your impressions.
I am sorry to know, that we could not satisfy your needs and expectations. However i would also like to remark some of your comments.
The carpet in the breakfast room has been renewed in December 2017, maybe it is not your taste of design, but certainly it not been worn, our Hotel de France by Thermalhotels has been renovated in 2017 and I am certain that the design and comfort would have met your expectations.
We do offer a complimentary valet parking service, the parking fee is identical to the fee you pay at the parkhouse yourself, so it would be an added value to drive up to the hotel to unload your luggage and let us take care of the rest.
I do thank you about your comments also in regards to the team members and we will increase of training efforts in order to provide the service you deserve.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel and also meet you in person

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I received a parking fine while thé hôtel Washington on charge of my car. I called the police and they told me that I was not an exception.
I also mailed to the hotel, to the hotel manager, called the reception, left messages on the hotel and manager Facebook accounts... No reaction...

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anzer_H, Geschäftsführer at Thermal Hotels und Walliser Alpentherme & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Mr Buerki
thank you for staying with us and sending us this Message
Unfortunately i was not aware that you had received a parking ticket nore have i received a message that i should contact you. so please accept my apology, This i will follow up internally.
Of course i am very happy to know that the local police is so free to share the confidential informations, also I am pleased that the police takes all the opportunities to fine guests of Leukerbad and especially of our hotel to ensure our reputation is marked.
Please send me your fine and we will setlte the fine, or if you have settled already your bankdetails that we can reimburse you.
All fines that had occured on our fault, we have paid or reimbursed, please be assured of that.
I hope that otherwise you could enjoy your stay with us and we will be able to welcome you back again

anzer@thermalhotels.ch

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Good side: the real good point about this hotel is that tunnels lead you to the Alpentherme without having to go outside. The location is excellent as it is at the top of the village of Leukerbad. Staff was nice and hotel’s spa was pleasant and clean, although very old-fashioned, it looked like it had been built a hundred years ago.

Bad side: the worst thing about the stay was that the mattress of one of the beds was broken and I had springs sticking into my back. Staff gave me an extra blanket which made it bearable. The room was small and charmless, needless to say that the whole hotel is out of fashion, but at least it is tidy. In our room, the bathroom was in a terrible state, clean but so old it looked like it could fall apart. The shower tray's enamel was broken (see picture), the hairdryer did not work, staff gave me another one that worked, but later in the day and the shower gel smelled of aftershave (not so pleasant one). The linen was synthetic, cheap and uncomfortable. I did not sleep well and was not satisfied with the stay, which I explained to the person in charge and did not get any refund or discount or even sympathy. It seemed like he was used to it. Whatever you do, don't book room #342.

Conclusion: I do not recommend this hotel and would avoid it next time. Just a hundred meters away there is another hotel, which seems wonderful: Parkhotel Quellenhof. We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel restaurant and we really appreciated the quality of the food, the charm of the restaurant and the pleasantness of the staff.

Room tip: All rooms looked the same from what I've seen walking by. Just pick another hotel and go to the Alpentherme independantly !
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Anzer_H, Inhaber at Thermal Hotels und Walliser Alpentherme & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Mrs Matilda
thank you very much for staying in our hotel and sharing your impressions, I am sorry that we could not satisfy you needs for the biggest part. I am very much surprised about the mattress and will of course have action taken. We have in 2017 renovated our Hotel de France which i am certain would be in your taste and comfort. We will also continue our efforts in 2018 in different areas. I am however very much surprised about your comment in regards to our linen, we have changed all our linens late 2017 for a good quality and design so we believe. As for the showergel we work with a wellknown producer and as you might agree is a matter of personal taste.
I would of course to apologize that you could not enjoy your stay completely.
I would also appreciate if you would return one day and give us the change to proof that this is not the standard we provide that you had experienced. It also would give me the chance to apologize in person

Reviewed 11 January 2018

When this was the Lindner, it was a classic hotel, but it seems to be going downhill under the new owners. This is the 2nd trip I've done in about 2 months and the 2nd time that it doesn't live up to the cost. On the first trip, the room in the main building was pretty poor (think: 70s at best) and one of the pools was closed. On this 2nd trip, when we arrived, we found green algae on the bottom of the outside pool. Not nice. Today, 2 out of three pools are closed - the outside one being a distinct shade of green. This was once the pride of Leukerbad and THE place to stay. I'm not so sure anymore.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Anzer_H, Geschäftsführer at Thermal Hotels und Walliser Alpentherme & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Mr Darryl G

thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your impressions. I am terrible sorry that you had made this experiences that are not reflecting our standards. As you had mentioned the outdated design, we have just competed the renovation of the Hotel de France and I am certain the design will meet your approval. I believe you also agree that the old design of the rooms has nothing to do with the new ownership but are still resemblence of the previous owner and operator. We will continue our efforts of renovation in the spring of this year.
In regards to the pools, this was also one of the reasons why the pools had been closed, due to unexpected maintennance works required and untreated water had been led to the pools. In case we close our pools we always grant free entrance to the Walliser Alpentherme in order to compensate the unpleasant circumstances.
The team members and myself would be happy to welcome you back, it would be also a pleasure for me to meet you in person and give you once more my sincere apologies

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Located not too far away from main bus station, the location is acceptable.

Good:
- breakfast is marvelous. Being to Swiss for many times and this one provided the most variety of choices and quality is good;
- hotel is in general modern and nicely renovated (except the room and lift);
- with adjusted expectation, the thermal pool and sauna in hotel is good enough. Temperature is not high, just warm. But since it is for hotel guest only, it is ok.

Not so good:
- probably I didn't read enough detail, the hotel name is misleading. The Walliser Alpentherme & Spa part of the hotel name has nothing to do with the hotel. It is just connected to the hotel with underground route and got discount on entry. They are separate entities to me and somehow raised my expectation;
- room is big and clean but a bit old, especially the toilet part;
- small towel is not available in room unless specifically requested.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sam 1130

for the convenience of our guests we also do offer a free shuttle service from and to the busstation in Leukerbad.
I am happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay for the most part. The Walliser Alpentherme is connected to the hotel and we have a close cooperation, which allows our guests to have a 50% discount on most of the services. Besides that we have the hotel internal Wellness area which contance an indoor and outdoor pool at 36 C, a Grottobath at 39 C, a sauna and steam room and its exclusive for the hotel guests.
We have renovated in 2017 the rooms at the Hotel de France, which i am certain would meet your taste and your approval we will continue our renovation efforts in 2018
The team members and myself would be delighted to welcome you back soon
Kind regards from sunny Leukerbad