5 people are viewing this hotel
US$325
Free cancellation until 01/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
Booking.comUS$325
Hotels.comUS$325
CheapTicketsUS$325
1,133 results
All reviews outdoor pool mountain view steam room ski room winter garden south facing room lounge area junior suite modern design great spa every evening wonderful hotel cable car valley alps skiing switzerland
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have wanted to try the Cambrian for sometime and we recently spent two nights there. Good location, great view…make sure you book the Mountain View rooms, comfortable rooms ( we booked a Cambrian Suite which was spacious, quiet and comfortable) , excellent staff. Try the Bryn Williams restaurant, well worth the visit.

Date of stay: July 2021
The Cambrian Adelboden, Gästeservice/Empfang at The Cambrian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are very happy to have made your stay a wonderful experience. Your praise for our excellent staff, the comfortable rooms and our restaurant gives us a lot of positive energy for our daily work.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back at The Cambrian soon.

Kind regards
Anne-Kathrin Kaufhold
Guest Relations/ Reception

Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Wanted a spring ski stay through COVID pandemic where I could feel safe.
Member of Marriot Bonvoy fidelity program, I trusted that for a higher price I would get a safer place to stay, chill, relax and recharge.

The Cambrian is nicely located in Adelboden, close to the market and restaurants who of course remained closed while only a few offered take away options.
Booked a junior suite to have a spacious place as I could not go out, and it was really comfortable. My request for a nice view was respected and I really enjoyed a splendid view, including the full moon over the Alps.
The room was clean, cleaned every day. Minibar was complimentary (with 2 cokes, 2 local beers, 2 bottles of water, still and sparkling). Unfortunately I did not have a bath tub but I lived without it! Cleaning wise though, although everyone in the hotel was wearing face masks and I expected that the cleaning staff would also wear gloves, O was unpleasantly surprised when I got in the room one morning while cleaning and they were cleaning and changing sheets without gloves.... assume they were doing the same thing in every room, jeopardizing customers' health.... and that was a shame, a dangerous shame.

The mini bus took me every morning to the lift and back in the afternoon at the time that was more convenient to me. The drivers were kind, friendly and knowledgeable. A special ski room was also available.
Food wise, the breakfast buffet was rich but repetitive so boring. Missing pancakes, even in weekends, sun eggs, apple pies, for example. There was literally no chocolate anywhere!!!! And I was in the heart of Switzerland! Furthermore, the croissants and pains au chocolat were not fresh at all: stiff and rigid they seem like being baked the previous day and been there as leftovers. Coffee was nice and the waiters and waitresses super polite and caring!
Fine dining by Bryn Williams was overrated and overpriced: tried different plates, fish and meat. Meat and in particular the swiss entrecote, was much much better although very salty. Fish, confi zander was nice but lost in soy sauce. Starters were much better. A pleasant surprise was not in the menu but suggested by Patrick, a super nice waiter: chocolate fondant.... to die for!
Also tried room service; limited options and not very healthy ones especially if you wanted something light and yummy for dinner. Took the axe burger twice: first time was delicious, juicy meat, fresh salad in, super. But the second time, it was awful: extremely cooked with tons of garlic and a bad quality salad, I simply could not eat it and had stomach issues all night long. Another option from room service, the quinoa salad, was indifferent, while the buttermilk chicken was really nice but only for one time as it was very greasy and buttery. A very very unpleasant surprise was that the Cambrian charges room service 7 swiss francs!!!! For the price you pay at this hotel, charging room service, is not right at all.
Drinks: the wine list is extensive but a/ limited in options: same varieties from different countries and no "gems", b/ rather expensive medium quality wines
Spa wise: did not like that the sauna is strictly nude are. What if someone wants to use it wearing his/her swimsuit for any personal reason? The indoor swimming pool was nice and took many laps! The outdoor pool was also nice and warm however sometimes overcrowded so contrary to common covid protocols.
Also had the ultimate facial which was splendid: deep cleaning and hydration at their best. The hot stones massage was rather a simple massage.
Last but not least, although the hotel had own parking slots, I have booked for 12 days, and stayed in a junior suite, they have charged me 18 swiss francs/day because they took my car to a public parking. Honestly, I did not appreciate that.
Overall: a good option for a few days in Adelboden when the restaurants open again!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
TheCambrian Adelboden, Guest Services / Front Office at The Cambrian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear Dimitra

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailed review.

We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your room and that you enjoyed the splendid panoramic view of the mountains.

Thank you also for bringing to our attention the lack of gloves among the cleaning staff. Please be assured that the health of our guests and all staff members is our top priority and that all our staff are washing and disinfecting their hands regularly.

For the breakfast we offer a fine selection of small cakes and sweet pastries on the buffet. The croissants are baked fresh in the morning. We are very sorry that we could not satisfy you with the breakfast.
If you come back to The Cambrian again, we will be happy to take your breakfast requests in advance and make sure you won't miss anything.

In fact, there are only a few parking spaces in Adelboden and none of them are free. For this, we offer our guests a valid parking service. I am sure that we will also find a solution for you here on your next visit.

Please contact us directly if you would like to come back again and we will do everything to convince you completely this time.

Warmest regards
Anne-Kathrin Kaufhold
Guest relations/ Reception

Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

We were so overwhelmed by the corona and we said let's go Spa hotel with girlfriends . I loved this beautiful place and our hotel. We made a very correct choice. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly. Massage and Spa was great. The girl who massaged me was really amazing(Camar). It was the best massage I've had recently. All food in the hotel was delicious. I wanted to share my satisfaction with you because I am very satisfied.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sezenismailbeyli
Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

Very nice hotel, but maybe still a bit less than expected considering the number of stars, and the price. The restaurant on the other hand was really a disappointment. The kind of place that tries to pretend to be special, and gourmet, offering a concept with smallersize plates, but only ends up being stuck up and expensive. The dishes were OK, but nothing exciting pr extraordinary. Food came cold. Cuisson was not asked for the meat. Sides to the main costs extra (something like 15CH for a (1) potato....). Staff was not very professional.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 809erika
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

The BEST part about this hotel is the stunning view you get at their winter garden lounge and south facing room! Imagine waking up everyday being greeted by the Alps? Go for high-floor room with Mountain View - this is what the hotel is for!

Next is its good location, superbly close to main town and cable cars as well as easy access to all kinds of hiking paths nearby. Also surrounded by restaurants, pharmacies, shops and Coop!

Staffs are generally friendly and warm! However, they must really improve their productivity and flow at reception area. There are only 2 counters and often crowded with queues. Not very slightly especially right at the entrance.

Room is amazing as mentioned. Comfy bed and spacious bathroom. No bathtub though. Lack of lighting but still cosy enough. Balcony again with fantastic Mountain View. But the TV is lousy with phone streaming - not very sensitive with airplay and chromecast despite many tries per instruction. They should really up their game in technology.

Lounge area however is comfortable. Come with fireplace and pool table with free play. Else the Mountain View alone is more than enough!

Spa is great, especially its Sauna, steam bath and outdoor pool (water temp to be warmer would be perfect). However, they missed out small details like no water dispenser / water bottles easily ran out. Massage was extremely good though - if you like firm pressures. Time-for-two came with Champaign and refreshments even!

Breakfast is acceptable with just ok amount of variety and spread. They could really improve their plating and arrangement especially the fruits and desserts area. No egg station though but again, aim for window seats for nice view while enjoying your coffee.

Their Glasshaus restaurant is really superb! Gourmet dishes so a must try at least once!

Overall superb though can take note of small little touches here and there. Happy with our 5 nights stay nonetheless!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sn9wolfy