“A great find in Adelboden, great comfort, location, service and food”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Adelboden
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I was a solo hiker spending only one night in Adelboden, however, I could have stayed longer. This is a very nice, comfortable hotel located in the center of Adelboden ( too close to the church and its 24 hour bells though). I had a single room which was a nice size, beautifully furnished, with a nice large, updated bath plus a balcony. A wellness center complements the hotel and as a weary hiker, I readily partook of the steam room and dry sauna. For an additional 4 Sfr, you could use the jacuzzi. The center has indoor chaises, showers, towels plus outdoor chaises for sunning. I chose to have half board. Dinner was a 4 course affair and was of high quality, deliciously prepared. Breakfast buffet was huge with everything you can imagine plus bacon, scrambled eggs etc. Since I visited Adelboden on a very warm day, I had to sleep with my balcony door open, because like most hotels in the Alps, the hotel does not have ac. Unfortunately my room faced the church. Most churches in villages turn their church bells off by 2200, but not this one. The bells rang all night on the half hour and hour. This was the only drawback to this hotel. No ac during warm weather and facing the church! Unfortunately for me, it was a Saturday night in August and the hotel was full, so changing rooms was not an option. With the balcony double glazed doors closed, one could sleep fine, but open, forget it, unless you were smart enough to bring earplugs, which I did! Would I stay here again? Absolutely! The staff was very nice, the food teriffic, the rooms extremely comfortable, the wellness center. Make sure when you come, either come during cool weather or get a room not facing the church, or make sure you have ear plugs.

Room Tip: For a quiet sleep, get a room not facing the church!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

I cannot express to people how much I loved this hotel! It was so perfect, clean, peaceful, and friendly.
When we first got to the hotel, the manager welcomed us with a huge smile and a friendly conversation. You could just tell how much she loved her job and hotel.
Then, we went up to our room and it was amazing! Our room had a loft in it, so my friend, and I stayed in two twins upstairs and our other two friends had beds on the main level. When we opened our window, the fresh breeze bursts into our room! No air condoning, no problem! You're in the Alps! Also, the view was breathtaking! Then, we ate at the hotel for dinners. It was the best food that we had in Europe (and we visited 5 countries).
Also, to just put it over the top, there is a whole town to explore. We got chocolate, groceries, and even souvenirs.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 10 July 2015

I have just returned from a seven night stay at this hotel. Mainly because of the reviews from trip advisor travellers. And I must say they are not wrong. The lovely lady on reception together with the young Swiss gentleman give you the most welcoming start to your stay. The food in the hotels resteraunt is first class together with clean tidy rooms. Right in the centre of lovely adelboden. It's only a three star superior hotel. But please don't let this put you off. It's one of the homely. Hotels I have stayed in and I have stayed in four and five star hotels all over Switzerland. Please do try it it's fantastic. You will not go far wrong. It is lovely

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Switzerland. Clean air. Beautiful Mountains. Chalet style homes. Crisp, clean linens. Warm, welcoming hosts.

That perfectly describes what we experienced at Hotel Bristol.

From the hotel room with crisp, clean, comfortable comforters and mattresses and pillows to a restaurant with a breakfast and dinner I raved about for days, Hotel Bristol was simply perfect.

Note: The only "problem" we had at this hotel involved the town's clock. It rang out the hour on the hour and half hour throughout the night. I recommend asking for a room that faces away from the clock and packing ear plugs if you aren't used to that type of noise. But -- I imagine every hotel in this quaint town faces the same clock tower issue.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2015

If you're looking for a great place to stay, either during summer holidays or ski-trip, no better place than hotel Bristol. Clean, large rooms, cosy wellness-facilities, incredibly helpfull and friendly staff and superb dining ... A real treat which you will without any doubt enjoy, by yourself, with friends or family. This was our second stay at Hotel Bristol and will definitely not be our last !

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family